Kids are gone, and I reaquired my toy. Got a deep 14 with a 25 merc, electric downrigger and dipsys. I'm headin' out next weekend. I'm from the north end, and was thinking of heading eastto bluffers or whitby. Whats a good starting depth? Never fished Lake "O". Can't head out too far understandably, so basic info is just needed. Cheers all.

Well good thing about the bluffs is you dont need to go out far to be in "deep" water. If your coming out of whitby you can start trolling after about a 1.5 miles out should be in about 88 feet of water. With that size of boat though, I would go to the bluffs, you can hang out pretty close to shore

, go a half mile out and be fishing in 200' of water..

• 2 weeks later...

Heh physco dad, glad to hear I'm not the only one newbie on the water...Same situation as yourself, kids have gotten off the nipple and bought my crestliner...now it's my time to fish...see ya on the water.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

The Bluffs is a great place to start. About a couples of miles offshore you'll find the dropoff (80 FOW to 150 FOW), follow the dropoff (west)in direction of Toronto just in front of the watertreatement plant is a very good place too.