Salmon have not returned in any numbers.  Lake Trout in 100' of water, straight out from Port Dalhousie.  No numbers but people are catching them right now.  Peanuts with cowbells, gold colored flies, red/orange/gold lures trolled slowly.  Scratch the bottom every now and again.  Bottom is flat, once you find the lakers, some people shut down the fishfinder and fish with jigs and bait...can catch Lake Trout even near Port Weller.

Yea i was pondering buying few jigging lures. What is the max depth you would fish for them without harming the fish bringing it up?

Out fishing on the weekend i was marking an insane amount of fish at the 180' depth mark but thought bringing a fish up from that depth would be devastating to it..

I never fish that deep. I find lots of lakers in 70  - 90 fow.Thats part of what I like about jigging you dont have to burn gas to get half way out onto the lake.  Sometimes they are even shallower, in the spring they can be in 30 ft or less. If your trying to jig them up from 180 ft youl would have a lot of trouble keeping your line vertical with a 2 to 4 oz jig.

Even in 80 ft I just play them slow and you can see when they release the air. Make sure you let them release the air and you wont have any troubles with floaters that have distended bellies and cant get back down. Also jigs with single SHARP hooks do minimal damage. Ive always been trolling for them but this is something new Ive been trying and Im  having fun with it. I wondering if rainbows browns and salmon could be caught this way?

I never fish that deep. I find lots of lakers in 70  - 90 fow.Thats part of what I like about jigging you dont have to burn gas to get half way out onto the lake.  Sometimes they are even shallower, in the spring they can be in 30 ft or less. If your trying to jig them up from 180 ft youl would have a lot of trouble keeping your line vertical with a 2 to 4 oz jig.

Even in 80 ft I just play them slow and you can see when they release the air. Make sure you let them release the air and you wont have any troubles with floaters that have distended bellies and cant get back down. Also jigs with single SHARP hooks do minimal damage. Ive always been trolling for them but this is something new Ive been trying and Im  having fun with it. I wondering if rainbows browns and salmon could be caught this way?

I lived in BC I have caught king salmon on jigs then we got Halibut on the same jigs ,Cripple Herring 4 or 5 oz