Does anybody know if the lake is set up in front of Olcott yet? Any word on browns in close? Or Kings & steelhead out deeper? FOW and depth for each??

just go fishing and find them. The lake is setting up everywhere

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm going in the morning, I will post how we do. I heard you need to run out to 400 fow but I'm not sure about that. I was out yesterday for a couple hours before we got blown off. Found 50 degree water 80' down over 180'. In 2 hours we took 4 shots, one was gone before I got to the rod, chrome green dot spinny with a crinkle green fly on a mag dipsey 200' back on #1 setting. The other three took a sea sick waddler off a rigger set 75' down over 180 fow. We landed one skippy and lost the other two trying to keep them out of the wire lines. It was pretty rough so I wasn't surprised we dropped them near the back of the boat. They seemed like they were a little bit better fish but no screamers that's for sure. The currents were crazy and trying to keep them behind the boat was a chore. Good luck.

Looking at the temp transects page on NOAA, I would say there is a nice verticle temp break probably just outside the Niagara water flow ....say 250'???. I would be probing the typical 80-225' zone. 60-100' down. Just a guess.

Tuesday we found our 4 kings in front of Wilson..250 F.O.W.  Talked to another boat who found quite a few more out in 400'. Talked to a friend out of Olcott, that was catching all the browns he needed in tight down there....Also heard some lake trout were caught just west of the red can...

Pick a species and go fish for them, you should do well.  :)

I'm also planning an after work trip tomorrow, haven't gotten a chance to fish lake O much so I guess I'll drop lines around 80-100 and troll north and see if we can bend a rod !

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Note we have a full moon phase so no hurry to get out at the crack of dawn.  Kings feeding all night often bite good in the 10 am- 2 pm window.  The north shore has rolled over and is pushing cold water across.  I would be probably looking close to shore in the warmer water.  There might be Kings in "brown trout water" this weekend.

Edited by Gill-T

Inside dipsy a took three more hits, boated a nice 14lb steelhead, 120' back over 360fow. All hit came in 305-379fow anywhere from 40-85' down, nbk and moonshine mostly.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I went for the browns this morning. Out of Olcott. Report said inside 50 FOW. I set up in 30'. Nothing. 40'. 50'. 60'. Nothing. Then I got 4 browns in 70 FOW. They seemed to shut off just after 10:00 am.