Owasco 7/9

Fished both morning and afternoon on owasco and marked a lot of bait high in the water column and fished the east side in 120 FOW or so. Took 7 lakers in the morning with one nice one post-154277-14050046240758_thumb.jpgpost-154277-14050046454107_thumb.jpgpost-154277-14050046711064_thumb.jpgmeasuring 31" and the evening produced 4 more lakers and a small rainbow. Bright colored spoons did the trick. 300' copper rig produced half of the fish caught

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Great catch. I was out there last night as well. Fished the West side half way up  in 120-140 FOW using bright colored spoons and did not catch a fish.  Hopefully it will produce better this weekend.  Open to any suggestions as I have been frustrated this season!

Yes I noticed the morning bite was quick and ended around 745 or so then picked back up around 9am for about a half hour. The season can be frustrating particularly because of the fleas that accumulate on your line. I have found the using a very thick (At least 30lb test) monofilament on the downrigger rods has seemed to keep them off rather well. Then just leader down to your normal leader you would use. I like plunge fluorocarbon 10lb test

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United