full moon fishing

My experience is that a full moon makes for a bad morning bite.  Better to fish after noon.  The only conditions I like less are bluebird skies and north wind.  Maybe some more experienced members can add their thoughts.

Edited by Big Water

A big thing to remember is with a full moon out if it is clear it draws the bait to the surface. The kings will not follow due to the temps being out of there comfort zone. Never the less I haven't found that its a bad bite cause I usually look for those rogue salmon that like to hang by themselves. Either they bite or just watch it go by. Just my opinion.

Just get out there and fish. I've never heard any one of my buddies say"its a full moon, I'll be out at 10am tomorrow ". One of my buddies started smacking them right away this morning and their was a full moon last night!

Just get out there and fish. I've never heard any one of my buddies say"its a full moon, I'll be out at 10am tomorrow ". One of my buddies started smacking them right away this morning and their was a full moon last night!

yup our 2 big kings came early today

Im always on the water at the crack of dawn, but have you looked at moon rise and set lately? I'd be on the water early now too! Wildlife on the move is always a good sign. I agree, get out and fish, but I get especially excited when it sets, just before sunrise.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app