1000 islands

Headed to the 100th islands for the weekend with my dad for the first time in 20 years for bass, pike and perch. As the last 5 years have been devoted to the great king salmon and not being up there for so many years I was hoping that some one could point us in the right direction to help make his summer vacation a fish full one. Any and all "secrets" would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance ! Crummer

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

FWIW Crum.... fished around Clayton last week. The shallow shoals were not fishing well for Bass...they have moved off to deeper drop offs. Have a guide friend who has done very well on the bass so far, but we concentrated on tossing hardware for Pike, and we did very well... and had a fish up around 15, 16 pounds. I hear the bass fishing and Walleyes and Pike have bene good out of Mudbay down around the Cape. Fox Grenidier, and Hards Scrabble had been fishing very well.

I did well on just throwing a good old red and white daredevil....with the nose bent up for a wider swing on the fall when jigging the spoon back in.

King Davy, crumcake1223.....I have caught more decent pike on daredevils than almost any other lure in the St. Lawrence. They do enjoy regular red and whites, but I've caught many on a favorite yellow with frog finish, with small spoonlets at the back end.......

I was up there in early June. Did pretty well. We were there a week before bass season opened. We targeted pike but still caught lots of bass, mainly on Mepps spinners. We fished Eel Bay pretty hard, lake of the Isles was awesome as well. We tried Chipewea Bay with not much action. Weeds were tough to find but we caught a bunch of nice smallies. We rode through the "narrows" on the border on Wellesley Island. Beautiful boat ride going through there, just be careful, gets skinny in a few places. I started a thread on here before I went up there. Lots of good info on that thread if you can find it.