Seneca Seneca 7/10/14

Yesterday I finally decided to get my Seth Green/Thermocline rod in the water, BIG thumbs up :yes:  to Mike Burt (Iron Duke) & Les (Sk8man) for ALL of their advice BOTH gave me their best secrets, which I promised not to divulge. ;) Got my biggest laker to date, I'm learning more and more with each Seneca outing and am looking forward to learning more with this new rig. I also had 2 wire Dipsey rods out.

Severne, heading South, 2-2.3 MPH, 165 FOW, 215', #2 setting on the mag Dipsey's, 100'+ on the "rig rod" using a 2# weight. Glow Green Dot and Glow Frog Racer Spin Doctors with matching Spin Glo bead combinations I tied up ( you thought I was going to say a "Reel-Hooked Up fly again huh ? ) rig rod 3 fish to the net, wire rod, 1 fish to the net and 2 "nobody home hits". I had a request for any fish over 20"'s from a friend

27"-5 Lb 14 Oz

26 1/2"- 7 Lb 3 Oz

22 1/4 "- 3 Lb 9 Oz

20 "- 2 Lb 14 Oz

post-144605-0-67392700-1405093541_thumb.jpg

#1 & #2 were females full of eggs, ALL fish were GORGED FULL of freshly eaten sawbellies, #2 fish had 2 lamprey scars 

post-144605-0-64309500-1405093586_thumb.jpg

On the water at 5:30ish, back on the trailer by 8:30ish GREAT day to be on the water

Great job Marty. .. Seth Greens put fish in the boat even on slow days... I will show you how to run 2 rig rods off one side when you get more comfortable. . Lol...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Great job Marty. .. Seth Greens put fish in the boat even on slow days... I will show you how to run 2 rig rods off one side when you get more comfortable. . Lol...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Mike that has to do with that goose decoy float right ?  ;)  I gotta tell ya I was filling that standing line full of "Bobby Fuller" spoons, first time I "hand over hand" retrieved her (note to self get some kind of glove....65# braid) I noticed how much  :cash:  I stood to lose being a rookie if anything happened..............I also noticed in my "excitement" in trying something new that I was way over being legal  8) , stuck with using just the bottom 3 points, all fish were caught off the bottom THANKS GUYS !!!...........Kinger if you ever wanna jump ship........