Ruff Rider Live Report Sodus 2014 July 12-13

Well the reports I'm hearing are of spotty king action and decent brown trout fishing.

My guess is folks in the Oswego ProAm will hit the browns early, then slide out for some kings.

With the Sodus ProAm next weekend, I may need to brush up on my brown trout fishing this weekend!

Don't forget to sign up for the Salmon Slam big fish Friday coming up August 1st! $50 per boat and you can fish from any port. 50% of the payout goes to big fish, and 50% towards the Salmon Slam event to benefit wounded and disabled Veterans/Servicemen.

We will also be having a dinner at 6pm, and anyone is welcome to attend. Feel free to join to meet some fellow captains, fishermen, and Veterans. I will post the location and price as soon as it is ironed out.

Won't be able to fish the Slam but would like to write a check for the Vets. Pm me an address and who to make the check out to please.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Won't be able to fish the Slam but would like to write a check for the Vets. Pm me an address and who to make the check out to please.

Thanks whaler!

Nick sign me up for the salmon slam and big fish Friday and let me know about the hot dogs and hamburgers and buns. I have to work this weekend. can not wait to get back up have been working 12 hour days all this week and looks like next week to need a break bad.  Why Knot

Nick, Hats off to you again for this fine tribute you and others show in honoring our veterns. May you have calm water, lots of fish and smiles from ear to ear..

Thank you, but the credit goes to all the fine Captains that donate their boats and time to take the Vets and Servicemen fishing!

Ruff rider ruff rider what's the SITREP?

Sorry I just realized I have been posting to the Salmon Slam thread all morning by accident!

Had a good flurry there. Sammy broke off a good one on the copper. He swears he didnt thumb it, but we'll have to review the gopro later haha. If he did, his new nickname will be "thumb nuts" lol

30 lb mono. Remember no stretch so same rules apply as wire rigs. Keep the drag light. Let 'em drag that copper around to tire them out.

I know that, but the other people seem to forget haha. I have 25lb on now, but we bring a lot of friends out that dont fish much, so Im wondering if I need to step it up.

I know that, but the other people seem to forget haha. I have 25lb on now, but we bring a lot of friends out that dont fish much, so Im wondering if I need to step it up.

Tell me about it!  I just removed all the roller tips off my dipsy rods and installed twillis because newbies kept getting the wire between the frame and roller on my Ugly sticks.  Twillies give me piece of mind.