Ruff Rider Live Report Sodus 2014 July 12-13

I fished this morning .It was non stop for me mostly lakers and browns.Lost one king for sure.My old diamond king mag with glow and gree tape took most,Green and white glow prochip and blue fly took a few.The rest came on the gator spoon and assorted MS stadard. A true mx probaly didnt make much what you gave them.few boats what a shame the storm frightened everone off,but we had no thunder till about 130pm

The weather app i use on my phone realy made the day

Love the downrigger summer fishing ,you cant beat it nowhere.

Now I neeed more helpers

I fished this morning .It was non stop for me mostly lakers and browns.Lost one king for sure.My old diamond king mag with glow and gree tape took most,Green and white glow prochip and blue fly took a few.The rest came on the gator spoon and assorted MS stadard. A true mx probaly didnt make much what you gave them.few boats what a shame the storm frightened everone off,but we had no thunder till about 130pm

The weather app i use on my phone realy made the day

Love the downrigger summer fishing ,you cant beat it nowhere.

Now I neeed more helpers

Hey John, care to share some pointers on how you setup your riggers? I have had very little action on mine this year with nearly every fish coming off dipseys.

well I usaly run them back on the side riggers alot more than the center rirgers.Also care I dont cross them when they go down,a very easymistake.I use to use cheaters alot.ran the cheater about 7 ft. on a snap attached to a rubber ban and contected to sliding roamer maybe 8 ft about bottom line..It works everytime just have to be tedious that everything is right.Double check everything before it goes down was my motto

Wish i could get all the kings you get on dipsys nick.I use to get all i want on a small dodger and squid.with a chasing silver horde stacked above it.It was run about 1.75 at the fastest.the water i think is to clear.Ever see the youtube of the St peter of Hughes.Its as clear down there maybe more than the top now..quages realy cleared it up since the old days.

I might buy a electric reel to use on copper ,ebay has quite a few but they weight alot is the only catch.Some 5 lbs.i was looking at.

good fishing Nick