Seneca North End - 7 11-14

Well Hop and I went out this AM after Hop got his beauty sleep. Never depend on your cat as an alarm clock....highly unreliable :lol:  We started in about 40- ft on west side and  trolled south.  Just south of the country club in 106 ft we nailed a landlock on flutter spoon set at 40 ft on main nothing on cheater He was about 3 lbs. and hooked real bad so we boxed him for Hop's supper. A little while later we connected a double  on wire dipseys running about 60 -70 ft respectively and Hop landed a laker about 3 lbs or so on a wonderbread Spin Doc with a white home made fly. My fish (I presume laker) got off on the way in. Lost a couple more as day went on possibly also lakers but we were trolling pretty fast and they didn't quite get hooked real good...they were also on the flies behind the deeper divers.  Hop then nailed another landlock on the downrigger set at 41 ft with a spoon and cheater and again hit the main spoon. Along the way when we started out toward the middle from the west side we encountered a large amount of floating grass and had to clear lines way too many times. Went east then north not much happening so we called it a day at about 11:30 AM. Oh and did I forget to mention that north of Roy's where the beginning of the shelf is we were busily BS'ing about past "messes etc. and not watching what we were doing and we came from 100 ft into 22 ft of water and hung up both downriggers, both wire dipseys, a lead core and a TX 44 with braid on the bottom. My downrigger wire was about half way gone on the spool :) . Luckily we salvaged everything without losing any stuff....Here's two guys with about 90 years of experience between them making a rookie look good :lol:  Moral of the story: Have one guy BS while the other maintains "lookout" and pretends to be listening :lol:  For most of the morning the lake was like glass and we had a lot of fun.

Edited by Sk8man

Great story Les, so true, so true. Glad you got everything back. Don't feel too bad was dying all day to get up to up to the big lake with Jens parents to get them a king and I forget the what? My dipsey rods.......... With two of the 4 dr rods being for Seneca. Good thing I took the copper box out, we would of been jerking wire up there......

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

:lol:  I feel better now Mike :) . I saw Frankie at the launch this morning and he was doing the same stuff today as has been working great right along....he probably knocked the heck out of those lakers.

Well, ok Les.  I guess I deserved that about  oversleeping.  That damn  cat is going to get dropped off at the China Buffet.  (That`s probably not politically correct, but then again I never worried too much about that stuff).  Yes, I also was driving the boat and got us into that tight spot, but everything is well that ends well, right?  I did  notice that you neglected to report about those (was it one or two) lures you managed to drop in the lake?  All kidding aside, a great morning, refreshing to fish riggers and dipseys as opposed to fishing rigs all the time.  Thanks a bunch.  Till next time.

Geez Hop you didn't need to admit to being at the wheel...they could have thought I had autopilot and both of us would have been clean :lol:  and about those lures.... I think  might have just been "testing the action" to see how they responded without the line attached :)

Edited by Sk8man

.......  :lol:  ...... I did that with a slider on Lake George one ( 1 ) ....... just ready to close snap Bill ( driving boat ) said we were in shallow water..... looked over my shoulder at depthfinder saw the big bait-pod told him what was going on...... flip spoon over the side !!!!!!!......by bye !!!!! :P

:lol:  Thanks Jason.  It won't be the best weather from the forecast but sometimes adversity brings out the best performance. See you in the AM.

I can remember for years, my dad had this clipping from a magazine that had a guy and his dog (ben) in a boat. Lightning was flashing, it was pouring and fish were jumping in the boat. The dog was clinging to the boat and whimpering and the caption was "nothing like a good storm to perk up the fishing... eh Ben...."  Well, I guess if thats what it takes, then bring on the rain. 

Were trying to leave, but Theresa is sleeping on the couch. Good wine, some cheese and a lot of sun will do it every time.  :lol:  She say's she re- charging, we will see in an hr or so.  See you in the am Les! 

Jason