Seneca jigging

On a solo trip, had one of my best days yet jigging the north end of Seneca. Ended up the day with 11 boated but probably had half that many missed hits or dropped lakers. The morning was best but got 3 from 2:30 to 3:15 also and they were in only 47 fow. Lots of marks in 45 - 70 fow water but as usual a lot of them were belly down on the bottom so did not show up on my fish finder until I dropped the jig. Hermit's super sharp 1oz. jigs did their job and chartreuse Lunker City shakers (also from hermit) and chartreuse Zoom flukes worked well. First 4 were from 27-30 inches (keep diary for DEC). Basic dropping the jig to the bottom and then reeling back up would trigger a lot of hits. 

Some fun fishing and will charcoal grill some this weekend.

One note was that none of these fish had clipped fins. Must be a good natural reproduction, at least in this area of Seneca. Also very little lamprey evidence.

Final note, the north end state ramp parking area was filled with muzzleman (spelling?) tents, etc.  

Al - I'm pretty sure we saw you jigging as we were heading for the chamber launch full tilt about noon. You were in the usual spot on west side (we've discussed before) Nice going :yes: . I think I may bring my jigging stuff next time too....a lot of fun getting them that way.

Yep Les, that was me at the honey hole in my black Alumacraft. Man, if you can get the jigging equipment out there right away (before weather changes) you will have some fun. What kind of boat do you have? Will keep an eye out for you and swing over to see how things are going when I am back up that way. - Al

18 ft Boston Whaler Ventura with 135 Salt Water (blue writing) Merc Optimax but at the time I was hauling butt toward the ramp :lol: