Slow at T-Falls 7/12

Took nephew and his wife out at 5:30 am. Bite was slow and what there was it, was LITE Used several colors and a few Suttons. Trolled No. and So.90' to 180

with not much luck. Was able to talk with 8 or 10 other boats and all reported the same slow bite. To give you an idea of the bite, when asked how they were doing, a guy held up his hands showing a fish that would have been 18" and he looked really happy. Got 3 LT + 1 LL all went back due to their size.

The fishing on Cayuga was excellent this weekend. If you are not getting fish, you need to move to a different location. Adjust your speed. They wanted it fast this weekend. 2.7 to 3.0 GPS speed. 50 to 70 down, 30 back.

Good luck.

RR

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey, Rusty Rat, it appears that you are aware of the fact that most of ANY lake is devoid of fish. So, location IS important. However, I covered a LOT of water this weekend (off Long point)  60-70 feet down, and I did what EVERY boat that came in before me said......SLOW.....You apparently found a hotspot. But that does NOT make the fishing good LAKEWIDE.  If anyone would characterize Cayuga lake this last week, they would all say......SLOW.   You wouldn't mind letting us in on your secret location....?........LOL!~!!!

Katydid,

I fished everywhere but long point. LOL. But seriously I fished about 6 different locations and every location was good! East and west sides. If I was marking, I was catching.

RR

Green and white or green and silver spoons on the riggers and flasher fly rigs of the divers. Color didn't matter on the diver rigs. Make didn't matter either, metal, spinny or pro troll. 10 color cores with the same rigger spoons.

Third agree for RR... we boated over 70 fish in two days of hard core fishing this weekend, faster and find right presentation.

I believe we were all in the same area lol! The secret spot :lol::lol:

East side 120 to 70 fow on bottom find bait... fish were there.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

areyounuts -just a suggestion for next time if you decide to  try trolling faster don't use the Sutton's at that 2.7 to 3 or above as they are much better at handling slower speeds for the most part.

Rustyrat,  Splitshot,  Nautitroller, and Sk8man are names I have read many post from.  From your detailed post  I have seen that faster is better most of the time.  I am not set up for those speeds.  .It appeared that most of the boats I saw Sat. weren't either.  I even saw a few porcupines going as slow as I usually do  {.don't know why}.   With that aside,  I know that 90% of the fish are caught by 10% of the fishermen. I won't talk about the beer part of saying of which I do much better.  Anyhow thanks for the info and based on what I have read I am considering some changes but a slow troll on a slow day on  one of the fingers isn't so bad.  So if  you pass a small boat with an old man in it having a beer and looking hungry, wave  -   we  may have "talked" on LOU.

Cayuga has showed up to play this year from what I know this is one of the best years on that lake if a few! I had a great trip over their a few weeks ago. And the same thing some people said it was a slow days and others crushed them.....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app