Seneca 7/12 and 7/13

Well as it is most weekends planned on fishing both days so fishing we did! Went into the weekend getting ready for the flta tournament on Seneca. So picked nick up and off we went to Sampson to do a little searching! Hit the water about 5.45 and was about 6 when the lines were in the water! And by 6.30 we had the Seneca grand slam rainbow! Laker! Salmon! And a beauty brown!!! The bite would continue to be fast and furious with hot presentation being a free sliding cheater on a 48 rigger!!! Well we covered some water jumped from spot to spot scouting trying to find some quality lakers to go with the silvers for the flta tournament!!! Off the water around noon with around 25 fish and that was with me losing lots of fish that happens from time to time I guess!!!! Well had the same crew back on the boat that helped me win this very tournament last year they met me at 3.30 and we were on the road picked nick up

Got coffee and ice and off to Sampson we go. Wind was whipping pretty good and waves had already started building by 5.00 when we got to the ramp crew was still ready to rock and roll and that we did in more ways then one lol.. Well set up in the same area as the previous morning just this time we had a full spread in the water 3,5,7 color cores 1,2 and 300 coppers 2 divers and 2 riggers and cheaters on the riggers well it didn't take long and the first fish was on my side rigger at 55 while fighting that the 120 diver goes then the 300 copper followed by the 200!!! 10 min in and we have a quad yes yes yes well it turns out that lakers invaded the fishing grounds all 4 would come in as grease balls well the fish would continue to fly over the side of the boat. We enjoyed the gentle roll of the north troll a little longer then planned but knew what the south troll would be like with the building waves well we went and spun around and started the trip back south not sure what the currents were doing but can say noticed a huge difference in fish catches from the north to the south trolls both days!!! Well nick was changing some lures and Brandon was tuning his skills at setting gear as well when the cheater in the down rigger got killed sky ward came the bow and then went the other way snapping us off that was a good fish but happens.. Well the morning would be much of the same lots of actions on north trolls and pick a few fish on south trolls. Decided we needed to make a move even in the rough water decided to run to the spot we found some good lakers the day before and just try for big guys since the silvers did not agree to play today well it was not long and fish on them another and another upgrading 1 of the fish we ha in the cooler knowing we had the quality lakers that we wanted I went in to weigh in hoping for the best since we didn't not have a 10lb average for lakers or the 2 silvers we wanted that's all we could do! Well ended up with 21.8 for the 3 lakers giving us 4th place!!! A big thank you to nick for the help with the waves and wind and the fishing being fast at times it's a huge help to have someone on board that you fish with all the time and do not have to even communicate with when things are going on just knows what needs to be done and does itpost-147332-14052960405893_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14052960568766_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14052960661004_thumb.jpg! Thanks agin to nick Brandon and Britt for the help today and good job to all that fished on this windy day

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What a great day it was! I miss seeing those 10-12 lb Lakers in that tournament though. We had an awesome day despite the weather conditions! Joe, you and Nick are such a great team! Undoubtedly we would have had a brown for the books today if our crew was a little better with communication. But... you can't teach old dogs new tricks! :)

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

A belated happy Birthday Nick!. It is the same day as my son Mark's. I enjoyed chatting with you and Joe and the other folks yesterday.....good bunch of guys. That weather was horrible and I still had a wet butt when I got home a couple hours later but it was a lot of fun aboard the M Arlene and Jason, Theresa, and Scout were great hosts as usual. :) We fished hard and marked some good ones but just a few takers....there's always next time....

Edited by Sk8man

A belated happy Birthday Nick!. It is the same day as my son Mark's. I enjoyed chatting with you and Joe and the other folks yesterday.....good bunch of guys. That weather was horrible and I still had a wet butt when I got home a couple hours later but it was a lot of fun aboard the M Arlene and Jason, Theresa, and Scout were great hosts as usual. :) We fished hard and marked some good ones but just a few takers....there's always next time....

les it was nice to meet and as I said your more then welcome to join me for a trip on the little cc sometime. Knowledge is power and that's one thing you are not lacking!!!!

Nice report Joe! Belated happy birthday to Nick! We were on the water Sat as well. We didn't fish, just scouted the "bowl". There were lots of fish everywhere we went. We enjoyed sleeping on the boat and listening to fish chase the bait into the shore line. It was a beautiful night, but in the morning we woke to see the lake chop was building, and the beautiful, calm water became rough. We had just the opposite situation. We couldn't find lakers! We boated 2, but hammered the silvers. Good job to all who fished, as you said. It wasn't an easy day on the water, that's for sure. I hope the weather is a little better for Cayuga. 

Way to go Joe and Nick !! Thanks for beating me by ounces AGAIN !! LOL.... Rough day on the water for sure found a little bit of everything we were looking for just not the size...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Way to go Joe and Nick !! Thanks for beating me by ounces AGAIN !! LOL.... Rough day on the water for sure found a little bit of everything we were looking for just not the size...

Mike

mike I don't know how many times I have been in the other end of that and you beating me by literally a ounce lol so I say this sincerely to you... You are welcome buddy hahahahaha let the battle continue on Cayuga that's going to be a bad morning for me I already know this with the night before being a wedding!!!!

mike I don't know how many times I have been in the other end of that and you beating me by literally a ounce lol so I say this sincerely to you... You are welcome buddy hahahahaha let the battle continue on Cayuga that's going to be a bad morning for me I already know this with the night before being a wedding!!!!

I hear ya there... I promise I wont refill your red solo cup to many times for ya that night ;).. Lol...

Mike

Joe, think I can go? Or should I miss this one...

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Lol.... I double dog dare ya!! Lol.. kidding of course.. I think it might be in your best interest to miss that one...

Mike

Edited by Iron Duke

nick your more then welcome to join me on the boat I don't mind hahahahahahahahahaha!! And I'm not missing that one even if I'm up all night I don't care I am going I need a better second half to my season the the first was lol!!! And mike I don't believe they will be red solo cups and I have the go ahead to fill mine as much as I want just tell the bar tender who I am an I get the good stuff!!! Nick that is what coach told me, I feel special!!!!

Even better!!! Gonna be a great weekend no matter what... Big CONGRATS to ya Nick!! Joe you might want to just tow your boat right there so when you wake up you will at least be half way there.... lol

I got married in 1990. (my first marriage) We checked into the Elmira holiday inn, had dinner, then I left to fish a tourny on Lake Ontario. That's a true story, and her and I are still good friends, just not married any more. We did stay married for 10yrs though. 

So my advise, go fishing!  :lol:   

After hearing Jason's story ....I think I have a solution Nick.....Tell your bride you have a surprise "cruise" lined up before the honeymoon put a blindfold on her and have Joe's boat outside all rigged and waiting :lol: