How was the fishin this weekend?

Didn't do too well out from port Dalhousie.. Salmon are apparently non existent at that part of the lake (according to locals) we didn't get any.. Water and weather were beautiful Saturday, fishing not so much.. We just ended up dragging bottom at the end of the day for lakers and ended up with one very healthy lake trout, which made its way back into the water.. great marina they have in port Dalhousie though and same with the launch. wish the fishing was the same..

post-155251-0-63689300-1405303972_thumb.jpg

Hey KawiKid, how do you target lakers????? I troll for kings and have never caught a laker yet......but the way this year is going it maybe worth a try to go after the lakers....nice catch by the way.....

Happy fishing

Hey KawiKid, how do you target lakers????? I troll for kings and have never caught a laker yet......but the way this year is going it maybe worth a try to go after the lakers....nice catch by the way.....

Happy fishing

Hey Mhassan I fish out of wicklow beach east of Toronto,we been getting them on spoons off a down rigger,65 to 75 fow down 55 to 60 feet around 2 mph,the best spoon,was silver and green NK..Look at the post anyone fishing lakers

I have never fished for lakers really, I was talking to a few of the local fisherman out of port dalhousie and they were saying spin doctors with flies near the bottom. so sure as **** 10min into dragging bottom we got a hit. 

I used a ****ty 5lb cannonball with a cheater clip up about 3-4' with a purple spin doctor and a-tom-mik fly at about 90 FOW trolling north at 2.1mph

Edited by KawiKid