Otisco 7/13 Tough day...4 year olds first eye!

I got an early start with captain eyes and lines in at 5. We battled strong gusts and erratic temps for 3 hours with 3 releases, 1 eye 1 brown and 1 nobody home. Went back out immediatly with rnsurfnturf and his 4 yr old ryan. We ran 9 lines for 3 more hours of bad gusts for 3 more releases with the same outcome. It was ryans first big boy trip and he got his ffirst walleye and first brown. Though it was NOT good fishing we couldnt have been happier. Ryan was great on the boat and Tim youve done a fine job! Ryan ate the brown and the scallops plus bbq chicken. We finished the day catching over 20 crappie in the rain from my dock all released. Tim has the pics so we will have to wait till he posts. I think we have a future walleye guy....Riggers were key today as that was the only lines i could keep in the good water with the crazy temps. Temps flucuated as much as 10 degrees at a given depth...its only gonna get better.

Yes , the fishing was painfully SLOW by our standards, however, when your boy says "Dad, this was the best fishing trip ever!" you know he had a great time!

It will probably be harder for him to want to fish for  little panfish now that  he has experienced the thrill of reeling in something bigger than 12"!

I held the rod while Ryan did the reeling and Justin did the netting!

Can't wait to get him out again along with my 10 yr old daughter. Keeps em away from the electronics and tv and enjoying what mother nature has to offer.

It was a great experience for him to catch the fish, clean the fish, eat the fish!

Thanks again Justin/Tracy!

Tim

post-149354-0-55965200-1405345596_thumb.jpgpost-149354-0-69652900-1405345615_thumb.jpgpost-149354-0-54786500-1405345634_thumb.jpg