Dunkirk

21starcraft

Yea bite was good anywere never seen so many big boxes. We ended the day with 21 walleye, brown, steelhead and multiple laker one around twenty five pounds. We have caught more trout of all kinds this year, it is really unbelievable. Pre fishing I caught 2 browns and two steelhead on Friday morning. On Thursday I took seven lakers on one rod 65 down over 80 ft. We also caught our biggest eye pre fishing that depth on a spoon. Tried to put same spoon down that deep in tourney and had two lakers on before the next rod got in, had to switch it up keep it above 50ft to avoid trout. Wieghed in 37.45 pounds. 10 th place wieghed in just above 40lbs. We fished brocton shoal. If you couldn't catch fish Saturday you are doing something wrong fish came off everything. Target depths 25 to 55 in my option. We ran mini spoons off riggers, worms off big dipsey 140 back on 3 and a half. Two 9 colors, two 7 colors and two five colors. Caught really same amount off all set ups big fish 9.78lbs came off dipsey.

Wow RD9, now that's fishing, what a nice bag of mixed species makes it interesting IMO. If its walleye and lakers that's my passion.

Watermellon super slim in gold, i am pretty sure the big one came on a mini spoon down 65 over 80. The lakers are mostly 50 ft down and deeper, we trolled north and south from 75 out to a hundred. The steal head and browns are through out the water column. For guys who fish barcelona to dunkirk and use mainly sticks and spoons trout have become more common over the years, for me anyways. I bet you you our boat has landed 30 lakers, 10 browns and 15 steelhead this year. I honestly believe if we targeted solely lake trout I could box and average of twenty fish per trip the last few weeks. When not in a tournaments I always run a spoon deep to keep action in the boat. The boxes just keep getting bigger and bigger in theses tourneys.

Rd9 summed it ip ..we weighed in 38.2 biggest was8.7 ..fish were everywhere thur,fri,and sat ,..1/2# seperated 5th place to 10th place..los of big boxes...wished we coild have fished sat. Alot of twms were close to being in the money and it was tight