What size flasher do you run in front of the meat and how far from the flasher?

i run mine behind 8" spin doctor or 8" echip flasher 48" lead with 3 twinkies

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What size flasher do you run in front of the meat and how far from the flasher?

All of them. From 8" Dreamweaver Spin Docotors to 11" paddles.

Nice report. What's a cannon out and down?

An out and down are the riggers on the side of the boat. On our ride we have a chute rigger, and two out and downs.

All of them. From 8" Dreamweaver Spin Docotors to 11" paddles.

An out and down are the riggers on the side of the boat. On our ride we have a chute rigger, and two out and downs.

i tried running 11 inch paddles after we fished with you and tore them up last year Rick but i cannot get them to fire for some reason

I'm assuming you mean feet. I run em 5 to 10 feet off the ball and make sure that none of your other riggers are within 10 feet. That's how I prefer to run mine anyways. Can always

Put them on coppers or dipsys to really get them out and away.

Yeah, I had really good luck last year with an 11" paddle and a 3 twinkie meat rig on my 400 copper, right down the chute.  Always took fish, and usually the biggest fish, as well.  No trouble tangling with it way out there like that, either.

Yankee,

Want speed @ ball are you running your meat rigs at? and Fishhawk?

Thanks, Fishbopper4

Awesome report Rick - thanks so much for all your great reports.

To the guys not having luck with bigger flashers and meat - I run mine exclusively with 11" flashers or 10" spin Dr's and they do great. Whenever meat goes cold for me, it's almost always that the treble hook is messing with the strip and tearing it up or more commonly I do not have the proper roll and I have to re-tune the curve on the bait head. I would start by adjusting the curve on the head before abandoning the bigger flashers.

Good luck to all,

Chris

Yankee,

Want speed @ ball are you running your meat rigs at? and Fishhawk?

Thanks, Fishbopper4

We run a Moor Subtroll. Very rarely does it move off of 2.0 for any species or time of year.

Awesome report Rick - thanks so much for all your great reports.

To the guys not having luck with bigger flashers and meat - I run mine exclusively with 11" flashers or 10" spin Dr's and they do great. Whenever meat goes cold for me, it's almost always that the treble hook is messing with the strip and tearing it up or more commonly I do not have the proper roll and I have to re-tune the curve on the bait head. I would start by adjusting the curve on the head before abandoning the bigger flashers.

Good luck to all,

Chris

Chris made some great points here.