7-11 Skaneateles

We got out to skaneateles for the night run starting at 630 and trolled till 945.   Picked up two rainbows, one was small and the other one was about 17 inches so decent sized.   We also picked up two other small lakers.  All fish came at 40 feet down over 220 fow and the hot color was green.    The thermocline is definitely set up and the fishing is getting better.

Good to hear & Great job! I may be headed to visit my parents in Marcellus this weekend and give it a go myself.

If you don't mind me asking what size spoon do you most often use? Iv always been partial to scorpions and sutton 61s in Skan but occasionally go bigger with no luck. If you don't want to post specifics I totally understand.

LooseEye

A few years ago we did a "field test" run at the skinny. We ran 6 hand cut Oakie Doakies that were 18" long. We had done this before on other lakes, some in the Adirondack's, but mostly Cayuga and Lake O. By the end of the day we had a 13lb laker and a 5 lb whitefish, both on the "magnum" OD's. Our original OD's did well too. They are roughly 8" long without hook.  We fished primarily in front of what we called the "castle". I might have some pics in my collection. I caught an 18" smelt on lake Champlain with one of those lures as well. So, I think if you fish it with confidence, you might be surprised by the outcome. Exception to the rule? Probably. 

Yeah sometimes "bigger lure bigger fish" works but I have never had that experience on skinny. (Wish I would have though!). Never had a fish on a spoon bigger than maybe 3" out there. Did get a few on bigger stickbaits though.

I'll probably be out there this Saturday morning if the weather holds. I'll be scanning the airwaves so if anyone's out give a shout to the LooseEye!

Edited by LooseEye