FINAL-2014 "Lake Ontario Championship Series" after 5 Events

FINAL standings from the teams who are competed in the Lake Ontario Championship Series for 2014.

Recap

-The winning team was determined by adding their top 4 individual days of fishing (Each day gets scored separately in a 2 day event)

-Each team must participate in at least 3 lake wide events out of 5 total

-At least one score from a minimum of 3 events must be counted to qualify.
-Due to the logistics of ports and the emphasis on holding a "lakewide cup" one event west of Sodus must be one of three fished.

https://www.facebook...385407701604030

~Follow us on Facebook for more info~

Events listed as follows:

Potential placement / Team / WHI / Day 1 Oak / Day 2 Oak/ Day 1 Oswego / Day 2 Oswego / Sodus Day 1 / Sodus Day 2/ATOMMIK Invite.

Screamer /A-Tom-Mik      811

Ace                                  795

Cold Steel                        789

Running Rebel                 785

A-TOM-MIK                      784

Thrillseeker                      784

Cannonball Runner          775

Vision Quest                     772

Oh Baby                           771

Top Gun/Freespirit           764

Finders Keepers               760

Prime TIme                       748

Tall Tails                           739

Strong to Quite Strong     721

Green Dolphin                  714

Congradulations to Team Screamer on a fantastic season!

Edited by Tall Tails

Updated 7/22/12

All comes down to the A-TOM-MIK invitational.  Everyone has a chance to improve on one of there days and the bonus pts for finish is everything! They are paying 50% 30% 20% so there is opportunity to win some cash!

Good Luck!

Edited by Tall Tails

• 3 weeks later...

Ed,

DON'T even ask/get started about this "New version"  Lakewide cup.................................................................

The Original  Prestigious Lake Ontario Cup has officialy been retired............................

SHAMEFULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Ed, I'm a "total score" guy, always have been, always will be. People that are not even involved in this new cup chase discontinued that, deciding a Nascar style scoring system was better. As chairman of this new endeavor, I begged out of designing the scoring system, Nascar and spread sheets are not my bag. If it was up to me, everything would go back to what it was before all the damage was done, formats were toyed with, rules changed,and scoring systems changed(after all, whos afraid of a big, bad , box of Kings?).  An impressive group designed this years scoring system and they elected to go with the new wave points system. Now remember, this is in rebuilding mode so the main theme was to encourage participation in as many events as possible. I'm sure everyone is aware we are fighting the economy, fishery,more and more events lakewide spreading discretionary dollars thin, and the biggest problem of all, team "blending." Where once teams fielded their own unit, today as many as 3 or 4 former teams combine as one. Ed, you are doing it the right way on your own with your own crews, and introducing these events to your charter customers is a smart play. This years scoring system was designed to ecourage teams to enter events that perhaps they wouldnt have, to have more scores to use. This was important to the generous sponsoring tournaments( WHI, Sodus Pro-Am, ATOMMIK invitational) who each put up 1K towards the prize pool. Certainly different scoring systems can be looked at for the future, and I for one would love to see ALL scores count, and total scoring tabulated for the overall but as one committee member said, then we would be back to 7 teams chasing the Lake wide cup.  

Mr Rebel, I'm disappointed with all the extremely important fishery topics discussed this year regarding stocking, baitfish, and fishery management, you remained silent and absent from the forum. You could have shared all the years of observations that being a lakefront resident and avid angler affords. Yet on this subject, one that hits in the pocket book you come out slinging rocks. Not cool. The scoring system was clearly spelled out, and for this year, it is what it is. Certainly you aren't saying the team that won the Lakewide cup shouldnt have, are you?

This was put together by a committee of VOLUNTEERS who spent alot of time on it. Congrats again to  Team Screamer for winning the current Lake wide Cup.

We are in complete agreement Jer, that what went on with the original Lakewide cup was SHAMEFUL. Its heritage, rules, and scoring system should have NEVER been screwed with. Today we look to the future. I'm looking forward to you being a part of the solution not part of the problem. Good fishing.

It would be hard to say the Screamer team wasn't deserving of the new cup !!!

screamerwinscup2_zps14790c63.jpg

I was the biggest advocate of not having to add "all" points from "all" events fished, that with my team one of just a small handful willing to fish them all, in 2013 we had an Oswego/Sodus cup chase in the Pro division of the Pro/Ams and I believe we had 6 or 7 teams included and that was just 2 events. To try to crown a Champion from many ports and expect to compete against more than 5-7 teams just didn't seem worthy of the rather great sponsorships ($1000 cash) we had from each venue.

I wasn't for the Nascar style tally either, but with 6 heads working on this each was bringing something to the table. We worked together very well considering many attitudes with different thoughts of many years of staying in touch with what once was the "cup". I as well feel it sad that was taken away and quite frankly I feel it was poorly played.

Team Screamer did what was necessary to take the title:

Tom

Dave and crew did a great job.

I would like to see the scoring done the way you do your cup Tom Take the total box of your best four days. that way you still don't need to fish all of them and if you do it give you some mulligans. But at least you know where you stand. Your scoring system is a lot easier and you might get more to try.  

Ed,

This is good discussion.  How do we incorporate all 5 tourneys with 3 different formats?  And still use the big box number?  The Oak is a 10 fish per day tourney then we have 2 12 fish per day tournies and finally we have 2, 6 fish tourneys.  One at the beginning of the year when kings are the smallest and one at the end when kings are there biggest?  And with the Oak format of only 5 kings your box will never be a huge 300 like you can score in the two pro ams.

We are all open minded when it comes to creating a scoring system that can work and not require fishing any one particular tournament.  Keep in mind the system must be able to work with three different formatted tournaments.   We also want more then 6 teams to create a chase.  If we have to have all 5 tournies as a mandatory involvement we are looking at 5 or 6 teams competing.  Not really very prestegious at that point.  THis last year we had 15 teams involved which is the most I can remember in recent history.

We are all here to make this the best Overall Cup we can make it.  Imput from the players is what we want.

We are already looking forward to next years chase!

Thanks,

Brian

Brian

I don't think you can say that you have to be in all. There are to many now to say that. I agree with that. We have to look at some way so people know a how to keep score and be make it easier to have a way of seeing where you stand. I would have thought Screamer was winning but I fish in most and had no idea who would have been any where else in the standing, If I'm at most and can't tell you won't get any body else to get in. I know you have done a lot of work that is thankless. And thank you for that. There has got to be a better way and we never heard anything about the cup race at any tournament. I understand the different formats make it tough but lets look at it this way. Every tournament isn't fair anyway in the old format anyway. Because some places you fish for Browns and steelhead. so it always put more pressure on the teams in the last couple when the big guys are suppose to be around. Plus some tournaments have 50 teams and others 20 or you can have 0's and finish with more points than teams did in other tournaments where they boxed on day 1

Just something to think about

Thanks again Brian

Ed,

Thanks for your imput.  I am not saying what we have is set in stone.  Actually we are looking at several changes going into next year so as I said any imput anyone wants to give us please feel free.  You can shoot Vince, Tom A, Kevin Yerge, Myself, Rick H a PM or an email most all of our emails are available off the internet.  Or if somebody wants to be involved let us know.

I think more annoucements at the host tournies is a great idea.  We did have a nice segment at the WHI which I know you did not attend.  But for sure we need more exposure and hype that what it is all about.

See you on the water,

Brian