From the reports I'm hearing, the king activity is much improved in most ports over the past week. Anyone have luck out of Henderson Harbor?

Was out on 7/3 but didn't mark much other than lakers in 100-150fow. Heading up again Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

We fished Henderson 4 days last week. There are some Kings there. We got two on Tuesday 16 to 17 pounds, five on Thursday (2 were little guys), none on Friday (dropped the biggest one of the week) and two of Saturday (one little guy). We pretty much just stayed on the King program but we did pick up 9 lakers and 7 browns in the process. Water was pretty warm. Caught most of the Kings down 120 to 130 feet in 130 to 150 feet of water. Current was really bad.

We took Kings in two areas. South of the finger out in front of Southwick and also a couple miles west of the finger. The west area kind of dried up for us so we went south. They seemed to be moving a lot. We'd mark a good bunch and when we went back they would be gone. Maybe the current was moving the bait.

To get to the shipping lanes is it better to go from Hidden Harbor, not quite sure where they are. On the charts it looks like about 11 miles west to get to a deep pocket. I keep my 18 foot walk around in A bay, trying to decide if it's worth trailering to Mexico Bay to get access to deeper water a little closer to shore.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

To get to the shipping lanes is it better to go from Hidden Harbor, not quite sure where they are. On the charts it looks like about 11 miles west to get to a deep pocket. I keep my 18 foot walk around in A bay, trying to decide if it's worth trailering to Mexico Bay to get access to deeper water a little closer to shore.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

You could go out of Mud Bay I know there is 1 if not 2 places to launch.

Posted in here last night but don't see it today.

Went out to the shipping lanes off of Henderson yesterday.

Did 3 kings and 10 lakers from 6:30-9:30am.

Lakers were hogs with an 18lber, 17lber and 2 14lbers.

Kings were 4 lbs 11lbs and 16lbs. They came down 55, 60, and 70 ft respectively, over 180 fow. The 11lber and 16lber hit nearly simultaneously and caused quite the fire drill to clear lines!!

Marked a few large bait schools down 35-60 ft over 150-180fow.

Ran at 2.3-2.5 knots all morning. Don't have a probe but definitely think there was a significant current down there from the rigger cables and dipsies.

Anyone fish the lanes with a probe and have an idea of what the current it typically like?

Was glad to see some kings finally!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Current was all over the place and heavy in spots.  it seriously varied every 100 yards or so.  At one point was going 3.5mph surface just to get 1.8mph down speed (which is slow)... most of the time it was only off by 1mph or less from surface to down speed but it was sporadic out there.