Hey folks, Thanks for sharing your reports, tips and stories.. I am a pretty green Rookie when it comes to the Lake but in the few times out over the years am loving and respecting the big pond.

Got my first real capable fishing vessel back in May, a 1989 221 Islander hard top which I absolutely love.. We used it a few times for Stripers here on my home water of the Mighty Hudson and a shakedown trip with the riggers at Schroon lake but it was bought for the purpose of the big lake 0..

Sat afternoon the lake played very nice for us so we set up our gear in about 60 fow .. A hammerhead w/ peanut dragging bottom, a stacker at 20' with a spoon off 1 rigger. The other was a sipn doc/fly with a stacker of FJ-11 at 20'.. We could care less what species, it's the tug thats the drug for us.. Dragged around towards 100 fow without a touch.. Just so happy that things were in tune (boat wise) we decided to just have fun and fish hard the next day:

Pretty neat swimming in 120 fow (please correct me if I'm stupid)

post-155543-0-69856400-1405439999_thumb.jpg

Sunday we awoke to a small craft warning by noon.. Decided to give it a go early and call it when things looked bad.. We tried to head to 200fow but she was rolling pretty good once we got out of the bay.. Set up in 100fow, bobbed and rocked around for about an hr and half then had enough..

The boat handled the waves very good while up to speed but just bobbing while trolling was not much fun so called it a day..

Monday:

what a change from sunday.. Nice and flat with a slight breeze so we went straight for the deep.. Set up at around 160fow 80' down with spin doc's /fly with a stacker up 20-25 with a spoon on 1 and dodger/J-plug on the other..

Once we hit the 200fow the doc/fly rod popped and it was game on for my friend.. It was his first (not last) time ever to the area and sport so it's all him on the rod..

We landed a nice king , gave some high-fives and went right back to fishing..

Trolled for hrs without another touch of the rod.. Called it a trip and packed up by 2pm..

post-155543-0-78484800-1405440655_thumb.jpg

I, we will be back for a 9 day run starting Aug-9th .. Look forward to listening and learning from all the good folks here..

Rich

Edited by Rich s