Im not familiar with olcott, so cant give exact locations...usually we are looking for structure...hills, dips, rolly bottom and sunken islands...if these are found and have bait and 55-58 degrees on bottom, would think the browns would be around...run some lines in water as warm as 65, they dont seem to mind warmer water and some days when the temp is real deep, have had great days with all browns coming from 62-65 degrees...temp, structure and bait is what your looking for...im not a good brown fishermen, but no one else replied so hopefully more knowledgeable people will reply...

Light leaders and the smallest swivels you can use...predominantly a spoon bite, super slims, standard sizes and stingrays will get them...usually fish longer leads off the riggers as well...slide divers are preferable over regulars, but a standard wire diver set up will take fish...

I use to target them with stickbaits off the planer boards in the early morning(4:30-6:30 a.m.), way up shallow anywhere from 8-15 FOW at the Oak.  I used small floating rapalas and went about lake trout speed, or maybe somewhere between laker speed and salmon speed, like 2.0-2.2 or so, and did fairly well.  I would usually also run a couple rods shallow on the riggers, with small spoons about 50-80' behind the balls.  Usually used smaller rods with 12-15 pound fluorocarbon line for the browns.  Use lighter releases on the boards, really loosen up your downrigger releases, and really watch those downriggers, because it is very easy to drag even 8 or 9 pound browns around sometimes and not even know there is a fish on.  I hope this helps. :yes:

Where you find 60 degree water on the bottom you should find browns. Troll slow, 1.8 to 2.2 with longer leads, 30 to 50 feet. NK mags and evil eyes produce best for me. Light leaders behind barrel swivels. Nothing better than Brown Trout. The TRUE kings of the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United