Determining Boat Value

njmonark1

I've been looking to replace my boat with something a bit wider (but could still fit in my garage) and have found replacements that I'd be happy with

but I'm stuck on figuring out an accurate value/asking price. I'll add I'm looking at a range of Crestliner's and Lund's, 2002 - 2012; 16' - 17' both private

and marina sales.

When I compare and check values on NADA, more often than not asking prices are higher (thousands) than suggested Avg. retail. No one wants to

overpay but my main concern is the true value, especially when it comes to the insured value should something go wrong.

Are the NADA value's fairly accurate and should I counter with an offer that is closer to the Avg. retail? I have on a few and got no response back. 

Is this just people asking inflated prices based on their belief or am I wrong? Some of the options they list can't be customized properly on the NADA site

for what people have on their boats so I've been looking at this based on what was standard on the boat and then trying to determine values of other options

separately (such as electronics, downrigger, etc.). I don't think the value of a live well should be included if it was standard equipment but I do add for cover, bimini, etc.).

Thanks.

on aluminium boats the nada is useless, they go way over the nada value.  Last yr i sold my 2004 16 ft side consel crestliner for 9000 to the first guy that looked at it nada had it a t i think was 6000.

Look at boattrader.com and similar sites to see what similar boats are going for. That seems to be the more accurate way to determine value than NADA.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app