Browns near microwave tower

Upon hearing everyone say that there are TONS of browns between the tower and power project, I headed out there after lunch.  Reports said 70 FOW.  So that is where I set up.  Nothing for 2 hours between the tower and the project so I moved to 80'.  Still nothing.  So I moved to 45 fow.  Then.....BAM.  The biggest brown I have ever caught from a boat.  He came with a friend.  Stupid eels.

I boated another brown a half hour later.  Just a small one. 

The rain became too much so I headed in.

I tried slowing down, speeding up, zig-sagging.  10' from bottom.  Different colors.

Anybody have thoughts???????  4 hours for 2 browns.  I was expecting more success.

No, I did not mark any fish on the bottom.  Not in 40', 70', or 80'.  I only marked a few bunches of bait fish 30' down a couple times.  I did notice that the temp near bottom was 45 degrees or less in all depths.

Plus, the big brown hit on a cheater spoon.  Was probably 20' down when ball was 40' down in 45 fow.

When I was out Saturday there was a TON of bait in 88' from the power plant to Wilson.  Cold water moved in Friday so it may have pushed the Browns west towards the Niagara and warmer water.  Go West young man!

Are you running long leads behind the ball if not Try 60 to 70 ft. Should find them in that temp area the deeper you slid out the temp will get go down in depth

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Micromanagement minute: If the water is still that cold, consider going WAY inside say 35'-45' and send out a wide program with leadcore, slide divers and riggers with long leads.   If you are chasing kings head north to 350'-380'.  Probe the 45'-60' down area.  Kings are scattered as is the bait out there but they are there.

Edited by Gill-T

Gill-T, If the water is still cold near shore the next time I go out, I will definitely try closer to shore and probably use my inline planer boards with the lures 75' back.  40 fow.  Maybe even 30 or 20.  Who knows!!!

That has been my understanding.  But my experience the past few days has me bewildered.  Like you have mentioned, I may have been to far out.  Maybe 35' is the ticket.  45' - 80' sure hasn't paid off.  Just 2 at 45' the other day.   And that was after quite a few hours.