Divers on braid

What's up guys. Just wanted to see if anyone is running braid with dipsys. It seems like all of the really big fish I hook up on my divers end up breaking off, and I'm looking to try a new, stronger setup. If anyone runs a setup like this and could briefly describe it feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Dan, you should be fine with 30# power pro or fireline....Best when fishing 30-80 fow in my opinion. Any deeper and wire is the way to go. mark

X2 on wire as your first consideration but the braid will work. Braid seems to attract the fleas a little more in my experience and it doesn't sink as well as wire but hookups are superior to mono because of the lack of stretch. If you go with wire you'll need a twilli tip or roller tip though not so with braid. If you are talking lake O and using dipseys off boards I'd be using 50 lb Power Pro if you go with braid. In my opinion (and it is only that) the Fireline degrades quite quickly and flattens out and fades in color and feels kind of like an old bow string on a recurve bow that needs waxing. :)

Edited by Sk8man

I run both wire and braid dipseys. Braid doesn't require twilli tip or roller rod and is a little more forgiving to work with. Wire goes deeper and has a different signature. Really have to be careful of pigtails with the wire. If you are breaking off with dipsey my guess drag setting most likely issue. Braid to me is ok if targeting 50 feet and above.

The wire I was referring to is not copper it is stainless steel 7 strand or 19 strand wire (1000 ft) Bloodrun is good as is Accustrand and Malin. Torpedo  or Mason brands. That is why a roller or twilli tip is essential copper won't cut through eyelets or tips because it is soft metal but stainless is hard and will.

Edited by Sk8man

I just realized I messed up my post a little, I should've been a bit more descriptive sorry bout that. I run 20 lb stren mono main line as well as leader from flasher to diver. I lost two spin docs the last two times I've been out. It's breaking at some point between the diver and flasher. I check the line as often as possible for nicks and I use spro swivels.

Scrap the Stren it has always had very poor tensile and knot strength. Use Big Game cheaper and better than the Stren.

Edited by Sk8man

i have been using 65# power pro the last 5 years or so W /great success. No probs w/ the fleas. 65# power pro to a Big duolock snap, dipsey, 40#green Big game ,good size BB snap swivel,Flasher/fly or meat. Works great. I run Mag spoons off the #40 also or switch to #20 if I get ambitious.