IBay 7/20/14 AM trip - lakers and chinook - UPDATE - VIDEO ADDED

Sorry it's a little late but here's another vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQyQI6hKGLc&feature=youtu.be

I fished with my great pal Anthony today and we had an extremely slow start with an 0 for 3 slump from sun up until 9 AM and we were getting a little nervous that it wasn't going to be a good day.

Everything changed until we put down the cowbells and started dragging bottom for lake trout (with what looked like about a dozen other boats doing the same) east of the Bay.

It was constant action with fish landed on 400' copper pulling a flasher/fly, both wire divers and of course the cowbells. We lost a very, very big fish on the 400' copper after the braid broke after it got tangled in the release.

The cowbells produced great lake action as well and we salvaged the day going 10 for 15.

The highlight of the day was a 20# king on the wire when we were trolling at a snail's pace for lake trout, along with another wire rip shortly thereafter which was also a stout king that I lost after ten minutes. Sounds like we found a school (it was shortly after a bait pod) or they wanted it slower.

The following all took fish:

Hammerhead cowbells/ chartreuse spin n glow

Kelly green SD/ green glow fly

Wonderbread SD/ wonderbread fly

White green dot SD/ Hammer fly

Meat did not take any fish today

Spoon bite was lite with a few knock offs only

Interestingly, when I cleaned the king today, the stomach was loaded with 8 whole alewives!! What an eating machine these beast are.

Another great day with Anthony with calm seas and great action in the last 2 hours and ALL fish came in less than 130 fow.

post-141087-0-24200800-1405880800_thumb.jpg

- Chris

Edited by momay4000

Nice fishing. We're you able to run the cow bells, FF and spoons at the same speed?

What was a good speed with the cow bells?

Thanks

Yes sir - and surprisingly the kings were hitting at the slow speed. No spoons at that speed, just FF and the bells.

Subtroll - 1.8

Chris