DW Superslims vs Michigan Stinger

I am trying to buy some new spoons, specificaly to target Steelhead and Kings.  I have used the Dreamweaver Superslims and Michigan Stinger regular and Stingrays for walleye and steelhead on Erie with good success, but Im not sure what sizes to use on Ontario for king salmon.

Will the magnum sized Dreamweavers and Michigan Stingers be less productive than say the Superslims and Stingray sizes? 

Another quick question.  What size spin doctors are most popular....the 8in? 

Just like everything else they all have their day.  8" flashers are probably the most widely used size, but the larger ones are effective as well, especially with meat.  If I had to pick only one size spoon for kings in the summer and fall it would probably be the stingray or Mag, that being said, steelhead seem to like the smaller spoons at times.  It all comes down to personal preference and having confidence in what you are running.  I would probably say that your preferred trolling speed is a huge factor in what spoons or attractors you choose.  By that I mean, if you prefer to run slower the lighter spoons  will probably perform better and heavier spoons like the NK's will be hanging dead, and obviously the reverse is true.  Don't know if I helped or not, but it is really personal preference and how you like to fish. 

I see you said that you catch walleyes on erie with stingray size spoons.  That is very interesting to me, as much of what I have ever read and been told is that people have better luck on the scorpion and standard sizes.  Can you elaborate on your success with the larger spoons?

Thanks,

DJ

Ive used the Stingray sized spoons for the past 5 years on Erie.  I catch everything on them.  Walleye.  Lake Trout.  Steelies.  Even monster sized silverbass lol.  I troll them at surface speeds from 1.8-2.4mph.  Colors that walleye seem to prefer are Dark Purple Froggy, NBK, Raspberry Dolphin, Hawg Wild, Puke, I Dont Care, Purple Pooh Bear....the list goes on and on.

We run them all but Lake O the Mag sizes produce the best for us with Kings . The alewives have been large the past few years .8 inch and 10 Docs both have their days

Edited by bigblue

Both are great spoons. Both have their uses. If we're chasing steel I tend to like the SS's. When we're fishing BT I tend to like the Stingers. I've found in the Spring when fishing BT that the SS's will ski on the surface when run with a long lead and only put down 3-6'. The Stingers wont do that. On the flip side the SS's have great durability, but my Stingers lose paint much easier. There are technical reasons they do this that I wont get into, but there is my opinion on both brands.