$10,000 In cash and prizes

ITS OFFICIAL!!!

Wilson Harbor Presents .........

1st Annual Wilson Harbor Salmon Slam

Over $10000 in cash and prizes.

Rules.....

1.Must be entered in Niagara County Pro Am May 31st and June 1st. All Pro Am rules and scoring apply.

2. Must be docked or berthed within the confines of Wilson Harbor to be eligible to win. (transient,seasonal)

3. Cash and Prizes will be awarded to top scoring teams from day one using Pro Am score.

4. Payouts will include top three spots in both Pro and Am divisions slipped in Wilson.

The catch??????? There isnt one This is a free event for all of our special guests utalizing the Wilson Harbor community.

For details and or to register please email [email protected]

For Slip reservations please call.......

Sunset Bay Marina 716-751-6466

Wilson Boatyard 716-863-1001

Special Thanks to all our sponsors

Sunset Bay Marina

Wilson Boatyard Marina

Sunset Grille

Wilson Boathouse

Town of Wilson

NASCAR Members Club

WILSON IGA

Raymarine

A-Tom-Mik Fly

Michigan Stinger

Navionics

Gagnon Sports Oshawa Ontario

Port Supply

West Marine

Shakespeare Marine

Deep Blue Marine

Much more to come......... Check back often as our sponser list grows

FYI Guy's - There is a nice campsite two minutes from the harbor to the west. It is called the Daisy Barn, it is located right on Rte 18 next to the Lake. Not sure if there is any vacancy, however, probably worth a shot. The number is 716-751-9375, let them know you will be fishing the Pro/Am.

Good luck!!!

FYI Guy's - There is a nice campsite two minutes from the harbor to the west. It is called the Daisy Barn, it is located right on Rte 18 next to the Lake. Not sure if there is any vacancy, however, probably worth a shot. The number is 716-751-9375, let them know you will be fishing the Pro/Am.

Good luck!!!

As long as it's not called daisy chain. I gotta sleep in the same camper as Ray & Tom and I wouldn't want them getting any ideas. :$:$ :shock:

Even though I will be fishing on another team that day(not observing for once) if you didn't want to sleep in the same room as Ray, you guys could tent, or park a camper in my yard in Lyntucky. It is about 15-20 Mins from Olcott, and 25-30 Mins away from Wilson to the east on 18. Let me Know.

Too late guys. I just made reservations at 4 Mile State Park.

I just couldn't stay at a place called daisy chain, er umm, daisy barn with Ray. The banjos do sound mighty tempting though. Bluegrass rules!!! Tom & I have to get together & figure out what groceries we're gonna need. If it were up to Ray, we'd be drinking breakfast, lunch, & dinner. :shock: :) :) :)

Daisy Chains, banjos, "liquid nourishment" and a few guy's sleeping together........ Not a pretty picture! Glad to hear that you were able to get into the State Park, also a nice place and many from this site stay there. Sounds like the Salmon Slam is shaping up to be a very nice addition to the Pro/Am. Don't forget to leave your information and register at the e-mail address listed on the initial thread. Wouldn't want to see anyone miss out :(:$ Good fishing!

Kind of wonder why the boats in the Olcott marina are not able to fish this. Wonder if some of the sponors listed know its just out of Wilson! Alot of reservations have been made at Olcott Marina. Hate to see anyone change their minds and switch marinas! Just my opinion. Have to ask the little birdie to get me some more info!! Good luck!

I guess you can look at this as a good thing or a bad thing. The way I see it a few businesses are finally giving back to their patrons. I see it as a thank you for spending your money with us. Now we would like to make it up to you. So I think a big thank you is in order.

Thanks Wilson!

I guess you can look at this as a good thing or a bad thing. The way I see it a few businesses are finally giving back to their patrons. I see it as a thank you for spending your money with us. Now we would like to make it up to you. So I think a big thank you is in order.

Thanks Wilson!

Gotta agree with you on that! Hopefully Wilson is leading the way for other towns/ports to start doing the same.

Unfortunatly Ray , Musky, and Tom there isn;t a roaming band of gypsies with banjos , uckelelies, and sitars, that roam Lyntucky. I could play a few hours of Moby Dick by The Mighty ZEPPELIN on my drum set, but that might only put you guys to sleep faster - huh. Good for the port of Wilson for raising the stakes and making it a better competition. We will still be leaving out of Olcott. I'll see ya All there .- Mick

well mr.wilson changed my port o call with the tempting offer ,but more than the money draw was that a group of people that are willing to sacrafice some of ther familys spare money to say thank you to a bunch of strangers who stop by for a once a year derby.well mr wilson if your community has any youth group needs or olcott kids needs id be willing to bet they could raise a couple bucks in donations at the capt. meeting or donation jars at the marinas.heck id be willing to walk around to the differsnt slips and sing till im paid enuf to leave,i mean given a donation for my talent and time....................just a thought (not the singing ,but a fundraiser for kids or a needy kid if there is one that stands out in your community)

Sounds like a great Idea to bring more business to Wilson. Overall this should be a big plus for the tourney. Hopefully this will help to draw more boats which in turn will make the pro-am stronger as a whole. Good job Kev!

tried to get a dock in wilson but there is none. went to sunset but have to be on a waiting list but even if u get a dock u maybe kicked out of it just before the pro/am do to seasonal dock holders thats what we were told. plenty of docks still open in olcott 50 teams already there still room for more. i heard this has nothing to do with the pro/am . should join together with olcott and make it huge. heard that the boatyard wants nothing to do with olcott.

sounds to good to be true. heard there are people for this thing out of wilson and alot against it because it has nothing to do with the tourney just a freak act to get boats to leave olcott. if anyone knows more about this little tourney pls post and tell me what u think. why cant olcott boats be involved thats right because it has nothing to do with the tourney if it did it would have been split between all of them.

sounds like he might be trying to under mine the tourney.

at the end of the day wilson should have there own tournament it sounds like so know one gets bad feelings.

people work together not against,u dont try to bring boats from one harbor to another in this manner, its bad business thats how i feel. on that note good luck hope to see everyone at olcott if u know what i mean

Roy,

You are correct this tournament is a hospitality function and will not affect the outcome of the Niagara County Pro Am what so ever. It is a thank you for those who stay with us each season as our function is one day only and will be concluded Sat evening and details will be announced soon. Contrary to popular belief there are still docks available in Wilson please try Mike Moyer at 716-870-3290. The State Park docks are available as well. There are no shots being taken here, be advised this event is for appreciation only and there is no ill will towards Olcott or any other Harbor. Lets leave the grapevine talk just that. Still further anyone who has reserved a slip in Wilson will be accommodated. My hope is that a select few don’t put a negative spin on a good thing.

Regarding the Sabres tournament I ask one Question would it be possible some charter captains were already booked?

For any of those that have been refused dockage due to no availability and / or those who are docked else ware you are still cordially invited to spend time in Wilson as there will be prizes and giveaways available to you as well as eats and great hospitality. Please e-mail us for details.

Lets act as adults and give this a break most of us finished High School Already. If there is the need for information please call or write with out an alias. Use your real name there is no reason to hide.

Kevin

Not to stick my 2 cents in where it doesn't belong, but why get upset if Wilson has a tourney for those slipped there? Why not get upset that Olcott doesn't? Seems like a few guys are misdirecting their frustration.

Is their some sort of rivalry between these two towns/ports? If so.....rivelrys sure aren't anything new. I think your a little off track small fry accusing Wilson into luring boaters away from Olcott. As you stated, Marinas in Wilson are full.....thay don't need to do that and IMO that accusation is is a little out of line.

I say a big thumbs up to Kevin and the Wilson gang!! They have raised the bar and hopefully other towns/ports will follow suit.

hey this is starting to sound like another website i visit,if it will make anyone feel better about not getting a slip (which there are some left)i called wilson harbor and informed him team LOUSERS was in the derby ,,he already has our name on the check and assured me its in the mail and to go sit by the mailbox and wait ................so im just sitting here waiting ,and waiting...........gotta go to the bathroom hope i dont miss the mailman..............................