Ran north and set up around 7:30 in 125 fow. Some bait and fish down 60-80. Could get them to fire but did get a skippy on a cheater spoon. Set up cowbells and slowed troll and caught a small laker. Figured if I wasn't catching fish I might as well not catch kings so speed up and set up more FF.  About noon dipsy rod screams and ended up being an 18.4 king on FF 3 setting out 240. That was it for the day and we left at 2:00. The lake was flat but there was a very strong current . Sun was hot with no cover and o wind.

post-144887-0-47873600-1406067207_thumb.jpg

Tough to stay out in the sun all day on a warm day. I finally got a bimini top for my small rig, extended my trips a few hours for sure. There always seems to be a king bite around noon till 2pm, at least for me anyway. Gotta love the multi port fishing available to guys that trailer. I've been from oak orchard to henderson fishing, always like seeing new spots. Good for you on your multi species journey.

Roughrider,

You're right about the versatility of a smaller trailable boat. I've fished from the Niagra river to Lisbon on the St Lawrence, many Lake Ontario ports, Bay of Quinte, and several Indian river lakes. I've also hit lakers in Seneca and Cayuga and bass and pike on Conesus. I also use it to hunt ducks all over. Want to try the Hudson for stripers some spring. I feel very blessed to be retired and healthy enough to enjoy many days in the outdoors. I'm always up for a new adventure and have a wonderful supportive wife.