2015 LOTSA Salmon School Announcement

LOTSA is pleased to announce that we have secured the instructors for our Salmon School on Saturday January 24, 2015. Based upon our experiences from past Salmon Schools, we knew we needed:

2 to 3 instructors to effectively teach the 6 hour class.

Expert fishermen who have fished out of many different ports and been successful wherever they fished.

Guys experienced in catching a lot of fish (running Charters) and with catching large Kings (Tournaments)

Someone who spends the majority of their season fishing the Western end of Lake Ontario, someone who spends the majority of their year fishing the Eastern end of Lake Ontario and  someone who knows the Lake Michigan fishery very well but also has experience fishing Lake Ontario.

Guys that would openly share their knowledge with us and were comfortable giving fishing seminars.

We found these guys in a group headed up by Paul Czarnecki (“Freespirit†out of Oak Orchard) that also includes Greg Gehrig (“Top Gun†out of Oswego) and Mark McClutchey (“Diabolical†out of Lake Michigan). We think that these 3 guys working together will give us another excellent class and are diversified enough to give us some new things to think about over the winter. We are keeping the fee for the class the same as it was last year ($75) and will provide more info on it in September when it opens up registrations. Every School that we’ve offered in the past has sold out and we expect this one to do the same. So mark your calenderer’s and be ready to make a decision in September so that you don’t end up on the “waiting list†to get a seat. 

The lower river trip got cancelled this year, with 10 deg and 20+ winds and a river full of ice, it just wasn't possible.

Hopefully this coming winter will be more hospitable.

We did have 7 people signed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Tim Bromund

• 2 months later...

Update,

The signup for the 2015 LOTSA Salmon School is online at our website http://www.lotsa.org 

We have an outstanding Panel of Speakers this year with many, many years of experience fishing Lake Ontario.  Captain Paul Czarnecki and Captain Greg Gehrig have been chartering on Lake Ontario since the 1980s, and Captain Mark McClutchey is a long time Lake Michigan Charter Captain and Tournament angler, and his Diabolical Fishing team has trailered their 30' Pursuit all the way from Northern Michigan for the past 3 years to fish the Wilson Harbor Invitational, so he brings an interesting multi-lake perspective to the salmon fishery.

We fully expect this years Salmon School to sell out as it has in all past previous years.  don't miss out on the opportunity to learn from some of the best fishermen on the Great Lakes.

Tim Bromund

LOTSA Corresponding Secretary and Webmaster.

Edited by Tim Bromund

Hi Mark,

I should get to it this evening.  I just worked back to back 14 hr days Wednesday and Thursday and haven't had a chance to process any new registrations for the past couple days.

Thanks and we'll see you at the School.

Tim

I have not decided yet Jim,  I have a lot planned this winter already. 

Rod,

Don't wait till the last minute because it's going to fill up. For what you would spend for the price of three large pizzas, you could go to the LOTSA school.  What a deal.

It's a great time.

It helps break up the winter.

You get to see a lot of old friends and make new ones.

You're going to learn new tips and tactics that you can use.  "The key to fishing success is knowledge" Buck Perry

For the price, you get a goody bag, a great lunch and you are automatically enrolled as a LOTSA member.

There is going to be deals on new and used tackle. 

Like they say, you can never have enough tackle.

JUST DO IT.

Rod,

Don't wait till the last minute because it's going to fill up. For what you would spend for the price of three large pizzas, you could go to the LOTSA school. What a deal.

It's a great time.

It helps break up the winter.

You get to see a lot of old friends and make new ones.

You're going to learn new tips and tactics that you can use. "The key to fishing success is knowledge" Buck Perry

For the price, you get a goody bag, a great lunch and you are automatically enrolled as a LOTSA member.

There is going to be deals on new and used tackle.

Like they say, you can never have enough tackle.

JUST DO IT.

Rod is gonna have his toes in the water and his ass in the sand.

Besides jimmy, Rod never listens to me anyway. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 month later...

Tim,

Always wanted to attend, but 8 hours travel time from Vermont in the dead of Winter can be a challenge.  What is the cancellation policy ie refund of the $75 for this if weather makes it impossible to travel?

It would be the same distance travelled for someone coming from Western side  of Michigan.....450 miles....   :(

Ron

Edited by digitroll

Guys,

Although the weather is a consideration, we've travelled from Bangor, ME to the schools the last two years and wouldn't miss it.  It is a great break from winter to talk fishing, learn a little, and get fired up for spring.  This year's line-up of speakers

is top-notch and the Sunday sale is terrific.

735 miles and we smile all the way out and back.