Heading to Seneca lake for Saturday

Heading to Seneca lake for a week this Saturday with the family and looking to do some fishing. I am a Lake Ontario and Erie fisherman looking for some help on new water. I usually run 2 riggers 2-4 dipsey and lead core or copper. We will be staying on the east side of the lake middle of the lake.

Keep in mind their can be some great dock fishing with live minnows first thing in am and at evening...so bring a couple bobbers and get keep the kids happy ...even some floating stick baits at those times with a slow retreve might get yaa little excited

Most of the same tactics and equipment you use on Lake O will work on Seneca. I'd downsize the spoons to medium and small though but flashers and spinneys with fly work well (especially white and green combinations).  You should be able to get lakers galore out in front of Sampson State park about 70-130 ft on or near bottom. The first point north (Pontius) and a little north of there often has rainbows suspended out deep. Run a little south of there and you should find browns and landlocks and over on the west side around Long Point and south of it browns lakers and landlocks.

Thanks for all the great advice. We are arriving Saturday evening and should be out fishing Sunday morning. I will be trolling most of the time but would love to get in some perch fishing as well. I have heard the perch fishing on Seneca is good, if anyone has any advice that would be great . I will be posting updates while we are there. Heading to get some smaller spoons today.

Only made it out 2x so far. First trip had trouble with the kicker motor. All fixed.fish Sampson park yesterday. Marked fish in top 50 feet. fished 1 side just off the bottom and the other at about 50 with no luck. Heading out shortly and plan on going out at dusk as well. Spoons and spinnys and fly trolled between 1.5-1.8 mph.

We got out at noonish fished till storm started coming at us from the south.......... set out west side deep ( 500+ ) trolled north bam one diver goes 210' out BTI UV and sliver fly 4 # laker bleeding bad boxed him.......... just got stuff clean up didn't have wire rod back in and slide-diver wire rod goes ....... 10+ laker took awhile to get him in good shape but he back in the lake............long dry spell and 61' rigger goes with FLT alpa-UV-Glow alwife good bow about 22" boxed him..... one for Ron and one for Hoot...... turned to work back in the laker area and storm cut us short pulled and headed in...... almost got boat covered and it started lasted about 10 minutes ....Oh well better safe than sorry......wind had pick up some before I called it and temp dropped......seen it get nasty before ............

001_zps745a5536.jpg

003_zps8ecb4117.jpg