Niagara River Musky Reports

You are a tough guy! I hope it pays off for you. My boat has to sit outside all winter so it's been stored for ten days. I've had my little boat loaded in my truck since then waiting for the combination of light winds and a day off. No luck yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Well I went to Burlington Harbor this morning and it turned out to be only some emerald shiners at 46 degree water at opening to Steel Mill channel, no bigger hooks at all.I did not go back into the channel because of the authorized vessels only signs, not sure what would happen being a U.S. vessel, but did not want to find out.So out of the house at 4 am, spent longer time at the border getting checked over then it took to drive there.Well I can now say I did go take a look see, was a long shot and did not look promising at all.Hard to breath the air there between steel mill and sewer plant aroma!

Today the musky gods were good to us! 48",46" & 40" muskies trolling in 10 ft of water at 1.50 mph with Hi-Fin Trophy Diver Jtd 9" in Pearl White with Hot Pink Belly, water temp was 38.8 degrees! Had to quit at 4 pm to go to E.L.E.C.B.A. meeting in Dunkirk!

post-144733-0-06334700-1417837758_thumb.jpg

post-144733-0-48806100-1417837803_thumb.jpg

post-144733-0-39998700-1417915503_thumb.jpg

Edited by mostlymuskies

Thun,The Legend Plows don't work to well in 10 ft of water, would be to close to the boat in clear shallow water.Today my boat went zippo along with 5 other boats, 1 boat caught a small muskie.Today the water was gin clear and 41.8 degrees,2 degrees warmer then yesterday.

We got to the river and checked the barometric pressure when getting ready, wow! 30:64 and raising, we decided to skip today and I will replace the broken skipping winch on my boat trailer.Hi pressure with a Cold Front has always been a lure wash for me.Tough looking at the sun and flat water, but I never do good fishing these type conditions.I will check with others to see how they did today and post later.

Edited by mostlymuskies

I guess it must have been my turn tonight, since I turned over the steering to John Pensyl and as I stepped to the stern with my pants unzipped to take a leak, my rod bent over and the drag sang like a snag! I tucked it in quickly and grabbed my rod and reeled in this nice fat 48 1/2" muskie!

post-139486-0-28331100-1418132705_thumb.jpg

post-139486-0-40032100-1418132700_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlueEye

I'm headed back out at noon today into the night until the snow and high North winds push us off the river!Last night's fish came on a Cullen Vetters Musky Candy in a color close to Niagara Walleye,35 ft out on braid(not leadcore--not my boat or equipment),10 ft down, at 1.6 mph going upstream following 13 ft structure.

Edited by mostlymuskies