Niagara River Musky Reports

Today I was to have gone trout fishing on the Upper Niagara River, did not make it clients were sick in motel room this morning.I will try to get out Friday after Christmas to run Stabil through the motors and catch some steelhead.Then I will have the boat shrink wrapped and stored until mid March!

Tom, Big Hawg muskies never came in this year water stayed in mid to upper 40's out in Lake Erie till the end, holding gizzard Shad and Big Spotted Muskies out deep.

The biggest I caught at Chautauqua was 49 1/2" and 48 1/2" on the Niagara River with nine other fish from 47" to 48", only 91 muskies total for the year, but missed all of September, half of October & November this past year.

Biggest for the Niagara River was 51" and biggest I seen a picture of from the "Larry" was 56"!

Tom, Yes I have fished Lake St.Claire, good numbers of muskies, more smaller fish then bigger ones.The bigger muskies on the Niagara River / Buffalo Harbor trend to have much more girth.But St.Claire fishermen can have multiple fish days, some have caught over 20 muskies in one day!

Edited by mostlymuskies