Niagara River Musky Reports

Back out tonight until about 2 am, going to need the Simms hat, gloves w/hand warmers and Mustang Survival Suit + the dust pan to possibly shovel snow.When we get into the 20 degrees outside temps I will need the ear muffins with hand warmers for the reels to keep drag washers from freezing up and Reel Magic spray to keep the leadcore from freezing together.Here we are in the November stretch, may big girl's pay a visit to everyone's boat that gets off the couch and on the water!

John Pensyl is out solo tonight just before those heavy rains move in at midnight, barometric pressure down to 29:74.So far he started with a chunky 42" and just a couple minutes ago he released a 49 1/2" Tank! He is the only one out on the river by himself, hardcore!

While fixing the hooks on the crankbait he caught the 49 1/2" on, his back up lure connected with a fat 45"er! He is having a great night so far and I decided to watch football.Go to John Pensyl on Facebook to see pictures and video clip.For those who are not aware, Upper Niagara River your only allowed One(1) Rod per angler in Canadian waters, John's 3 muskies were caught using only one rod, by himself,in nasty weather conditions, Hardcore!

Edited by mostlymuskies

I talked to a fishermen coming in at 1:00 pm at the SBH, he had caught 46" & 41" muskies this morning in the lake out from the South Gap.He quit when wind gusts went to 24 mph out of the NW bringing 4 ft era in the lake and 2 ft ers behind the walls. He only had a 16 ft aluminum boat.Water temp now down to 52 degrees with cold nights coming for a few days in a row, water surface temp will drop faster now.Harbor should load up with Bait Fish any day now.

Edited by mostlymuskies

One fishermen went zippo from 1 am to 8 am on the Upper West Niagara River,the other guy caught 40" & 37" muskies in the East River by Grassy Island casting Mr. Toothy Crankbaits! I went to the Harbor this morning was just getting settled in with the Trolling lines out,when I heard,my feet are cold I want to quit! The guy shows up in the winter with tennis shoes and light socks! So in I went and changed plans to hit the Upper Niagara River tonight at 7 pm until who knows maybe all night! Water temp is 51.5 degrees and will come down fast the next few cold nights.5 boats out in the Triangle today,we will see how they do.Water visibility is 7 to 8 ft with green tint. I have only two days remaining to book for the month of November for the Buffalo Harbor or Upper Niagara River Nov 12th & 14th still have a few days for early December in Canadian waters of Lake Erie & West  Niagara River!

Edited by mostlymuskies

Winds never slowed yesterday afternoon so I never got out.Today I put away lawn furniture and tuned snow blower & Honda Generator getting ready for cold weather coming soon.Today one boat had a low 40 "muskie jigging Tubes and after dark had two low 40 " muskies trolling as of 7 pm.Back to the Buffalo Harbor tomorrow morning.Surface water temp now 51.2 degrees, visibility 6 to 7 ft.

Edited by mostlymuskies

Buffalo Harbor was Void of Bait Fish today and no Hooks either! South Gap was 48.7 degrees and North Gap was 49.1 degrees, but Lake Erie was 51.5 degrees, everything blew out into Lake Erie to warmer waters in the depths.Managed a 33" up the Buffalo River.Back in Canadian waters of the Niagara River John Pensyl caught a fat 45.5" Muskie jigging Tubes and a smaller low 30" fish.Night still seems to be the best option.

Spent a few hours in the harbor yesterday also- no action and nothing on the graph. Back into the river and went 3 for 4, biggest was just over 40". Man it was a nice day to be out on the waterpost-146001-14157369947156_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I trolled the east river today, did not mark much of anything, went zippo.Last night Tommy caught a nice 47" muskie in Canadian waters trolling.Today John & Cullen caught 7 of 13 hookups, biggest 44" jigging Tubes in the same Canadian waters.My clients the last two days only had NY fishing licenses and only wanted to fish daytime.I need to get back on the night program!