oldest boat still trolling

We were fishing this past weekend and started talking about upgrading the ride. The 1971 penn yan we fish from has never let us down. That doesnt stop us from dreaming. My question is... is anyone fishing on aweekly basis from something older than 1971?

It may not be a weekly basis but its as much as i can and my work schedule allows but we're in a 1969 starcraft. Only issue is it 16 foot so we really need to keep an eye to the sky ...but its never left us stranded

I have a 1956 Crestliner, still a lot of outboards from the 1950's and 1960's out on the waters like Lake Chautauqua and I am sure on the Finger Lakes.  Lots of boats in the boat lifts around Chautauqua Lake and the like from the 1960's and 1970's. 

Yes the old motors were made to last not all the plastic and cheapo parts like in today's and simpler was better. I used to service my old 1979 35 Johnson myself but when I take the cover off this Optimax it looks like I'm on another planet.  I had the1972 Whaler for 22 years and sold it for $300 more than I had paid for it :lol:

I used to fish out of a 1966 18' starcraft holiday my buddy used to think i was crazy to make long runs out on the big O but she never let me down till last spring when i got digging into the transom she had seen better days :(. Since upgraded a few years to a 89 larson delta sport cruiser 25'.

May not officially count cause it`s only used during winter, but my 1957 16~ Alumacraft powered with 9.9.  A guy would have to work to put a dent in it with a hammer, the aluminum is so thick.  Love winter fishing in the Belhurst hole pulling flashers.

I still have on of these witha 9.9 as well.. i use it in the summer for panfish and in the fall to access some deer spots.  We've broken 2-3 inches of ice in that  with 2-3 hunters and a deer in the boat. That aluminum is rediculous

May not officially count cause it`s only used during winter, but my 1957 16~ Alumacraft powered with 9.9.  A guy would have to work to put a dent in it with a hammer, the aluminum is so thick.  Love winter fishing in the Belhurst hole pulling flashers.

Yes, I also have broken skim ice to get out to "the hole".  Then again, I never won any awards for being the brightest light on the tree!  :)    (And a big OUCH to your comment, Pork.  I could be wrong, but I think I`ve seen some ice on your beard after some winter fishing, too.)

You guys are making me feel bad.  I just traded in my 1986 Lund Tyee (with much difficulty, weeping and gnashing of teeth) because I figured it was time for an upgrade and something slightly more reliable.  Strangely, that Lund never gave me any issues, it was always the outboard, electronics or trailer that left something to be desired.  I hope I don't miss the old Lund.