It been 20 years since I've really fished Ontario, been fishing Huron. So, I've forgotten a lot of vital info.

I live about an hour and ten minutes from Bronte so wasting a drive would suck. I have the sail flow app and am going rely on that to make the trip or not.

Just looking for uncomfortable wind speed and direction and unsafe. I have a 20 1/2' Grew.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Type in lake ontario wave forecast/wind forecast. Use the environment canada site for the best guess. I also live over an hour from launch and hate to waste a trip but... I have gone down when it said half metre waves to find 5-6 footers.i have also gone down when it forecasted unfishable wind and waves and comfortably fished all day. Ihave a 20ft bowrider so i know your pain.

My advice, unless its a wind or wave warning, drive down and find out.

Any wind from the south over 10knots is a killer

Happy fishin

Edited by sea yea 2

Try weatherunderground.com.   They have a feature called Wundermaps.   These will show info from weather stations that are made up of home owners, yacht clubs, weather nerds, etc.

I'm in Rochester, and have a 40 minute drive to where I put in.   The local marina there just added a weather station (basically wind speed and direction, but thats all that's needed) and

I can see in 5 minutes if it's worth driving or not.

Pretty sure they include Canada as part of their coverage.

Edited by JimB

I'm a member of weatherunderground ($10 US a year and worth it) and here is the wundermap page I look at.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=43.12014008&lon=-77.73178101&zoom=8&pin=Rochester%2c%20NY&rad=1&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=0&riv=0&mm=0&hur=0

On the right side of the page, click the check box for "weather stations", and zoom in the map near Bronte.

I see at 2 stations along the shore close to Bronte.  Burlington Piers and Oakville Harbor. 

Hope it helps.

Edited by JimB

It been 20 years since I've really fished Ontario, been fishing Huron. So, I've forgotten a lot of vital info.

I live about an hour and ten minutes from Bronte so wasting a drive would suck. I have the sail flow app and am going rely on that to make the trip or not.

Just looking for uncomfortable wind speed and direction and unsafe. I have a 20 1/2' Grew.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You have a 20 ft boat! Your fine with wind speeds under 25 kph. As long as it's not a south or south east wind your fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United