Question for those using GoPro while fishing?

Hi guys, i have a gopro black hero 3+ with a bunch of accessories but i havent used it one time while trolling. what kind of settings would be best for trolling footage? my problem is getting the footage off the camera and edited and then made into a manageable file size. i have some nice hunting footage but its such a huge file that i dont know what to do with it. also, whats the best way to attach it to my softop? thanks, mark

thanks george,  do you just let it record the whole time? i have a couple 64gb cards but they seem to fill up quick. thanks, mark

I record in 720/30 mode and it is fine. I run it continuosly during a 5-6 hr trip and need three batteries to get me through the trip. I use a class 10 64gb card for my Hero-2 without any problems.

I download all footage using the free Go-Pro Cineform program. You will need to play with it - it takes time to edit footage (typically an hour or so for each of my videos to go through all the clips) and to add titles, text and music. The conversion with the Cineform program takes about 15-30 minutes and to upload to Youtube it can take 30-60 minutes.

Good luck,

Chris

I prefer the 720/60 setting so if you wanted the option to play something in slow motion down the road when editing it isn't so choppy.

Once I'm setup and the spread is out I turn it on and leave it on for the whole trip. I have 3 batteries on hand.

Edited by FleetTracker

it also dies if you keep the blue tooth on.

I'm glad you mentioned that.  I've taken the GoPro out once and it was dead in a little over an hour.  The problem was obviously that I had the Bluetooth on the entire time. I hope to get some video this weekend if the fish agree and the batteries last. 

I use the alligator clip clamp for mounting on my trolling motor at the front to get a whole view of the boat and down fishing rods along with the roll bar mount. The suction cup works great for all other positions. Never mind settings...someone be kind enough to tell me why they don't make these stupid mounts that swivel? Why do I have to add those extra dumb pieces to turn my view. MAKE THEM. SWIVEL!!!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...