cayuta lake walleye newbie

salmodan

was wondering if ayt of you fellow walleye fisherman who have fished cayuta lake could help me out, I cant seem to pinpoint any certain spots or presentations to lure any of these tricky fish, any info will be appreciated, not looking to be spoon-fed. thanks. I have been fishing for them for the last few weeks.... no bites.

was wondering if ayt of you fellow walleye fisherman who have fished cayuta lake could help me out, I cant seem to pinpoint any certain spots or presentations to lure any of these tricky fish, any info will be appreciated, not looking to be spoon-fed. thanks. I have been fishing for them for the last few weeks.... no bites.

I'm heading to the lake tonight. Same as above, any tips would be greatly appreciated i fished 4 days days las year not even a bite :(

I'm a catch and release fisherman

Thanks

I mean Seneca help

Edited by dmg422

Hmmmmm... I am not a Cayuta lake fisherman..I only fished it few times years ago for panfish.

However, I know quite a few people who fished Cayuta for walleyes over the last 60 years, and I honestly have never talked to ANYONE who ever caught one there.

It's always the same story..." Well I HEARD they get some there, but I never caught one or saw one caught".

I am sure that walleyes exist in the lake. I am also sure that there are MANY better places to fish for them.

I know they're there but I can't get them either. My buds who do say 12' down with harnesses in the summer center lake at night and outside weed edges with sticks in purple at night from sept on. I've only caught a few shorts while bassin, but have put many unproductive nights in now I just go to the susky for them.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

There are many waters with plenty of quality eyes that you wont easily learn in 4 trips....thats not even an effort at otisco. Unless you are a local and plan on fishing a TON to get past a steep learning curve stick with easy places to catch eyes...WPR, oneida, susquehanna etc

Sent from my LG-L38C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Heck, the Chemung in downtown Elmira is not difficult for 'eyes. Like the others here say, there are easier places to catch 'eyes. But say there....Are you saying you are intrigued by a place that people know has walleyes, but does not give them up easily? The challenge of it? Or are you in some way (lost driver's license, must stay close to family and live nearby, any number of other weird limiting issues....) confined and therefore challenged by the local water; ie no other choice? Well any which way, the challenge is there. It would be nice to hear after many hard and futile attempts you finally cracked the code to the walleye in that small body of water. I can think of other small lakes (ponds really) that have populations of nice but hard to catch walleye.Loon Lake in Steuben county comes to mind. There are others I've never tried. If you indeed become adept at catching at least 1 walleye every time out (and that would be a worthy reward!) remember C&R. A small body of water probably has a relatively small population. Get your 'meat for the table' from other more productive waters. I'd keep one every now and then, but personally I would be more happy with knowing of my prowess in being able to do something that stumps most others. Just a thought.......Also, that kind of water may harbor a good population of big boys and girls that never get caught and live out their lives getting fat and happy....(my fantasy world)  :dull:   :emo:      Good luck and keep us posted if successful!