new online scam.

I just got a call from a call from a "Microsoft Call Center " in India telling me that they are microsoft and that my computer is being hacked. Could I please push Control and R (or something similar) and they will take care of it.

The scary part is that they got my private home  phone #. I told him that I am the king of Spain and that I will send my secret service out to get him.

In short beware of this scam

they have called me a few times from this number (661)453-1611. I go along with the guy and say nothing is happening and screw around for a little while and when he asks if i have windows I say well you called me you should know. Microsoft will never call you if there is a problem with your computer and seeing how i use a mac they will never call me. The guy(s) that have called me have a thick accent which i can't really understand which makes it a little more fun messing with the guy

I asked him if it was a long distance call.  He said yes, so I put the phone (land line) on a chair & let him talk while I fed the dogs .  He hung up after a couple minutes.

Tom B.

(LongLine)