Looking to get into some wire rods

I agree but I run a 7'6 roller rod in dual cannon rodholder , put the rigger rod in the back and wire rod nearer the front of the boat and swivel back the rigger to give more clearance..... If I didn't have this set-up I would only be able to run it down the cute...... 

The copper has some weight to it so one thing you may want to consider is getting a rod with a little backbone to it.

I think this picture may help to explain what I'm talking about with dipsy..... on Hoot right you can see the rigger where that 7' roller rod was and it's hard to see put the rigger is swiveled one click to the back of the boat...... now the rod holder in front on the gunnel would not work for that short rod unless I ran the rigger straight out the back then it would be a pain to change out.....

004_zps46dcfd8f.jpg

Lots of good rods made just for wire. You need not worry about feeling the fish, you feel every head shake. If you use a rod that is to light you may have a hard time tripping the dipsys. I run 8' and 10' and 10' on each side. Most any line

counter reel will work. All my wire rods have twillie tips. Spooling the wire is

critical. Have someone help you or you will end up with a mess. It must be tight.

Some buy rod and reel combo's with wire and twillie installed. If you are on a budet keep an eye on the classifieds. I bought a dozen rod and reel combo's from a lake Ontario Charter Captain cheap. I use a roller rod for copper. Wes