I-Bay 7/27/14 - the day of the laker and a bonus brown- UPDATE VIDEO ADDED

Here's another video of some of the action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF7JoIIfDuw&feature=youtu.be

Hello friends - my great pal Anthony and I fished this morning for one last chance at "up-sizing" our current LOC fish and we thought that our best chance would be fishing for lake trout. We hit the water after the storms blew through and quite surprisingly, the lake was calm with only a slight breeze out of the Southwest.

We fished two riggers scratching bottom with cowbells, two wire divers and a ten color core and a 400' copper.

The classic rigger cowbell set-up (Hammerhead chartreuse and lake killer bells and yellow spin n glows) produced non-stop action

The runner up MVP was also the 400' copper pulling an NK 42 second spoon which fired at least 6-7 times.

We caught 24 lakers and one brown (on the ten color pulling a Bob Fuller KOS)

The wire divers did not fire once, despite trying various flasher/fly combos, spoons and even cut bait.

We had 4 or 5 doubles and it was steady action until the strong winds out of the NW came out of nowhere and churned things up. BTW - someone had posted earlier about fishing Lake Ontario from a canoe, and I would take a long hard look at a day like today which went from calm to 2-3' seas in about ten minutes.

It was another stellar day on the water. We will give the lakers a rest since the Summer LOC is done, and focus on silver fish from here on out.

Good luck to all,

Chris

Edited by momay4000

This is a fine example of Rochester's best fishery!

Aside from the strange sighting of pirate ships zipping by our lines, we have managed to escape the curse of the black pearl which had us on the chokehold during the period of no bites with these black evil ships in our sights. Oddly enough the bites came back instantly After the image of the ghostly ships disappeared.post-140030-14064988753357_thumb.jpgpost-140030-14064988880037_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This is a fine example of Rochester's best fishery!

Aside from the strange sighting of pirate ships zipping by our lines, we have managed to escape the curse of the black pearl which had us on the chokehold during the period of no bites with these black evil ships in our sights. Oddly enough the bites came back instantly After the image of the ghostly ships disappeared.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1406498874.489812.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1406498887.223626.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

As weird as it sounds - Anthony is 100% correct. The bite was on fire, then these two pirate boats passed us by and it slowed immediately, only to be followed by spontaneous tangles and phantom knock offs like a pirate curse.

Then as soon as the boats were gone west into the misty fog, the bite instantly turned on again.......ahoy mateys, it was the curse of the black pearl....arrrrrrrrr