Humminbird v Lowrance!

Help! Which one?

humminbird 898c hd si, or the lowrance 8 hds ?

I'm not sure which one to get. My buddy has the Lowrance 7hds I like it but was told to look at the 8 and/or the 898c. I want a good sonar for lake O fishin.

Any help would be great....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Both are excellent units and either will serve you well. Just a Ford vs. Chevy decision . LOL. Good luck. I'm a Lowramce user for years and never had a problem with any of their units .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I was a furuno user for many years offshore on charter boats, they were the best in those days, still are hi quality,the new digital FCV's look nice, they are using the same technology as HB, that fish size thingy , they push,has been around for years, it is determined by the size of the fish's air bladder, the 8 or 959 HB does the same thing and also has chart plotting contained, best bang for your buck IMO, is HB

I used to be a lowrance guy until i got hummingbird - simplest to use great picture. My buddy has a lowrance and its the biggest pain in the but with pages , charts etc...don't get me wrong it must have the functions as the direction book is like war and piece..back tothe chevy ford debate.

I bought a HB 958 3 or 4 years ago and am still happy with it. I have never used the factory ducer though.

My only complaint about the HB is the power connection is kinda loose, if I bash a wave hard, it jars enough to shut down the unit. It did it on my 22' Penn Yan and also on my 28' Penn Yan if a wave hits right. It doesn't do it trolling though on the big boat. Again, my only complaint...