Fair Haven 7/26 - 7/27 (Just the Truth) TOUGH

Fished Saturday 530-11am. Started in 120 and worked way out to 300. Nothing to show for it. Came back in to 200 and marked a few hooks but that was it. Ran a mix of spoons / flasher fly / meat. Riggers, dipsys, and 450 copper.

SKUNK for the day

7/27 - left the dock at 7 after the storms had passed. Worked my way west from 100 - 250 FOW. Similar program as yesterday spoons, flys, 450, 600 copper and 5 color lead down the chute. Best screen was out front of port bay in 160 FOW. 450 took a shot with no one home. Started to pull the lines one by one with SKUNK number 2 looming for me when the mag dipsy pulling a Carmel dolphin / crazy bi$&ch fly fired. Landed a decent steelhead in 120 FOW. Made a couple more passes and threw the towel in. Some reports of guys doing ok and some having a tough day. That's fishing. Very humbling for me this weekend but there's always next weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by bout time

hey man thanks for the post, capt redditt and i had a tuff day off sandy, only a couple small lake trout and a 13 lb steelhead, better days are comming,  very shortly!!!!!   stay at it!!!  Work hard  Good fishing,,       Blackie

We hit Fairhaven boat launch at 530am to be greeted by 25 bass boats. Thankfully all but a couple were already in the water. The ride down from Watertown was storming with heavy rain, lightning and thunder. I just kept telling myself that by the time we got to Fairhaven that the storm would pass. We arrived and the storm passed and it laid right down for us. Anyway, took my brother in law from Italy and my good friend Ian with me hoping to catch some salmon. Ran 4 downriggers with flasher fly combos and sliders with spoons, 2 dipseys, 500 copper with a meat rig and a 10 color lead core with a spoon. Around 8-9 we hit 2 kings and a laker. First king came on a slider with a spoon, 10 lb laker hit the 500 copper and Ian had the pleasure of bringing it in. We hit it hard until 1pm and then when we started pulling lines another laker hit a flasher fly combo. We fished from 150ft out to 300 and was pretty much a blank screen the whole time. Hopefully it picks up soon.