how was everyones 2006 hunting season?

Legacy

its a little off topic but w/ the boat docked in the driveway under a foot of snow its depressing to talk about trollin. (less than 2 months till its trolling time.) :lol::lol::lol:

so how was everyones hunting season? turkey? deer? ducks? geese?

I would say mine had its highs and lows. The low part was the 10 pointer I screwed up becasue I used the wrong pin on my bow. It happened so fast and at 25 yards it should be a piece of cake, but I put the 40 yard pin on him ;( . I also hit and never found a smaller buck with teh shotgun, but I would put the blame on myself for not practicing with my gun more. It was about 110yd shot, so I put the crosshairs on its back and squeezed. Hit him high but never hit any vitals. Couldnt find him. ;( The high part to my season was the 5 point I got with the bow. I wasnt going to shoot him, and actually passed on the first opportunity he gave me. But I started to think that I didnt have a 5 point at home. I had a 4, 6, and a 7. So when he gave me the second opportunity I took him. I also took 2 doe with the muzzleloader this season. First dear I have killed with it.

Good season for the jr and sr team:

Here we are with 06 bow bucks. Both were shot at the same time in consectuive days in the same area. Nov. 3 and 4 at 11:30am. I passed 7 different 1 1/2 year old bucks before I shot him. 20 inch spead, 210lbs dressed (on scale)

My father also had to down a 5 point that was shot in the hindquarters (big hole looked like a rifle shot) on the first day of gun season. I passed a 6 point and a 4 point on the first day of gun. Missed a running doe with a muzzleloader.

My father also shot two doe as well. One in NY and the other in PA.

DadandIbucks.jpg

nice pic dan, you both look pretty happy. :lol:

myself, i shot a 8 pt and a big doe with the bow. (missed a nice 7pt? too, damn tree branch). i got a 9 pt on opening day gun season (WWIII).

i was very fortunate to spend 150+ hrs in the woods this year ,and the deer numbers and sightings seemed to be down a bit but overall it was still a good year.

Those are two fine bucks Danjr. I had a good season, took one with the bow, two with shotgun and two with blackpowder. Won't tell you how many I missed, need a scope on the smokepole. Saw 23 bucks, took a nice eight point. Did my best to cut down the road kill. Hope the fishing season goes that well.

• 4 weeks later...