Reelpower and grandslam---I'll be up Thur-Sunday out of Olcott if you want to share notes on the water. Sounds like it might be tough with temps...

Markmonkey on 68 or 72.

Good luck.

Mark sent you a PM with phone number, I'd be happy to share any intel.  I'm hoping the fish get sick of hiding by Friday.

Hey guys-  we are making a trip from the Toledo area this weekend and would love to exchange fishing info, if you don't mind adding another cell number to the list.   We will be arriving in Olcott sunday afternoon and will be fishing through wednesday morning.    Sounds like fishing has been difficult the last couple of months, so we would be more than willing to share any info that might help all of us locate them.   Drop me a PM if interested.    I will try to post some reports during our trip.

Gentlemen, from what I can tell from monitoring the water from afar and my limited time on the water is that yes some challenges have occurred finding a "regular" King bite on the south shore compared to other years.  A lot of intel can be gleamed by looking at the Modis satellite image of Lake O and how the Niagara plume is shaped.  Most years it blows off the bar/drop off area then curls back running along the south shore, tapering tighter to the bank as you go East toward Oak Orchard.  Due to the weather, wind, cool temps, changing wind directions daily, etc etc. the Niagara plume since May has been blowing out the top of bar most days heading out in a NE direction.  The "usual" nice productive green mid-waters from 100'-225' FOW are not getting the Niagara goodies.  Instead the "no-man's land" waters in the 300'-400' have had the green water and the fish.  This is a vast area so fish are scattered.  Given the time of year, I would not rule out the inside water with all the bait present either but it has been hit or miss with lots of cleaning weeds off lures in there.  Good luck....looks like more East winds in forecast.

a1142101823LakeOntario143250m1_zps807ec9

Edited by Gill-T

Yes.. There has been a significant lack of color and thermal breaks the last week and weekend at point breeze. Kings are scattered and there is no pattern to follow. Some good fish are taken from every quadrant inside and out but the consistency has been dismal and full boxes of just kings are a luck of the draw on the choice of your position. However in recent posts there seems to be a glimmer of better kings coming and hopefully for the next month it will be a little more promising. .just my swag estimate. .FWIW!

Cent frum my notso smart fone