Yankee @ the Oak 7/27 - Some nice Kings

Left the dock around 5:45 and headed NW to the same area we fished the last few weeks. It started slow for us. Great screen, but the bites weren't coming. We started around 25N/14W, but found the sweet spot around 27N/18W. Dreamweavers Raspberry Dolphin was good on our 70' Cannon out and down. Regular size back 25' and a SS slider above it both took Salmon. Our 500 was our only A-TOM-MIK copper we could get to go, and that was pulling some Familiar bite strips. Our divers out 150-175 took a few shots with a Gator colored Dreamweaver Spin Doctor pulling an A-TOM-MIK Green Crinkle fly.

IMG_20140727_094037005_zpsrhg2uzpq.jpg

IMG_20140727_110321701_zps2ckq0cfe.jpg

Edited by Yankee Troller

Thank you Rick , it really helps up out when we have a long drive knowing that there is hope of getting into some good fish

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Have you had any trouble with the familiar bite strips falling apart? It wasn't an issue last year, but I've had some trouble this year...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Have you had any trouble with the familiar bite strips falling apart? It wasn't an issue last year, but I've had some trouble this year...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We thought that this years were much more durable than last years. 

Good job Rick..I was out there and saw you west of our position. We only had steelhead and ended going east with the waves and wind and finished in front of the glass house with lakers in 90 to 100 on the bottom.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app