Canandaigua July 27

This is the Canandaigua weed and flea report, FLXTroutman reporting.  Weeds seen sliding down rigger cables on the sonar, fleas of uncountable numbers fouling 30 lb. mono lines & wire diver lines.  Just cut the lines and retie, less hassle.  Copper lines only flea free gear in water.  Marked tons of fish and bait on sonar in the riggers but no bites.  Pretty frustrating since we had the same scenario Thursday afternoon as we had Sunday late morning till just after 1:00 pm.  We jigged from noon til 1:00 on west side south of Onanda in 50-90 fow marked them but again no takers.  On a positive note we had fun eating & drinking and telling stories.  My new X 4 Probe worked like a charm on the old 840 Thermo Troll computer. 

post-139627-0-92151500-1406580327_thumb.jpg

post-139627-0-35756800-1406580342_thumb.jpg

The fleas and weeds sure take a bit of the fun out of things these days...just glad I'm not a fish and have to co exist being choked with fleas, the quagga's and Zebras messing things up along with all the other stuff (e.g jet skiers buzzing overhead, cigar boats vibrating the entire lake etc.).  We dealt with a lot of that same stuff on Seneca Sunday as well. I think this is becoming a banner year for the fleas and it will be awhile before the water temps go down enough to decrease them.  Maybe there is something to be said for all the boats stradling the north end and drinking beer and jumping in the water at this time of the season.

Hit seneca last night and man was it worth it. I'm heading down again this evening, I'll be out n the north flats. I'll post when I hit canandaigua again.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My friend breadman was out Wednesday afternoon 8/6 and fished from Seneca Point and south on west side.  They picked up 2 fish on wire divers on green dot spinnies with green flies.  I will be out Sunday.  Full moon though Sunday so I may start a little later after breakfast.