Fish hawk question

I recently bought a used fish hawk 840 with out the power cable and transducer. I bought them new and can't get a down temp to read. It came with 2 probes and it won't read with either. Could they both be bad or is there another problem?

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Did you put new batteries in the probe? Also check the wires on the battery connection inside the probe

And transducer mounting can also be a factor. As it states in the instructions, you would want the ducer level with the water as it already has a 15 degree angle built in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Did you put new batteries in the probe? Also check the wires on the battery connection inside the probe

your probe is good ,lower the unit 10-15' do you show temp and speed ??

if so this is easy, on the back of the unit there are 5 adjustments a master gain control , turn this up and lower the the probe if this doesn't work adjust the DT (down temp)until you get a reading , do the same for DS (down speed) you should be ready to go- good luck

Alex, do u get a small click sensation if you put the flat spot of the top of the probe under your right or left jaw bone as the red light blinks? If you can the probes are fine. If there are not clicking put fresh batteries in and check again. If you can't feel it you have a problem with the probes. Moisture is the main reason for the failures of the old probes. You can also grab a buddies probe to see what does works. Or vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Is it the old 840 probe? If so, those have a lot of issues.  An upgrade to an X4 probe may solve your problem immediately.  The old probes have a tendency to leak and quit working.