Haywire/ July 26/ 27/ Oak

July 26th         Headed out Saturday bright and early with Cousin Jay and 3 fellas from my Fire Hall. These three guys we tried taking last year and it was quite nasty as far as the waves so we headed her back to the barn way early. So really wanted to show these guys what Lake Ontario had to offer. Exchanged some Intel with Buck Board Jr and we ended up starting out with some inside Brown Trout action and got a few Skippy Kings, all caught on a Stinger Mary Poppins we released all of them successfully. Decided i was going to head her out to meet up with Buck and in 170 or so feet of water are 9 color lead core gets CRUSHED! This fish ripped real nice and we handed it off to Scott and a quick tutorial of fighting the King. This guy must of had somewhere to be cause on the brink of being spooled i got the board in the boat and we started to pursuit. We circled twice and got back to the lead and just like that he was gone. :headbang: We have lost a lot of big fish this year, it got real quite and after reassuring Scott that these things happen i finished bringing in the the line and low and behold Black Meat Pounding Deep was still attached and the split ring and treble hook were gone. :brokenheart: It has become a regular spoon for us and its funny to say to someone who is not expecting. So i put another one on and sent her out. As soon as i had Jay put the Fish Hawk down in that 48 degree water down 76 i hear Jay cranking his heart out and i see him lay the hook set of the year :punch: IT WAS AWESOME! It was Scott's turn up to bat again. And after 2 nice runs and a 5 minute battle we had Scott's BFE (Biggest Fish Ever) laying in the back of Boat. A beautiful 22 lbs King, Mary Poppins gave another one a spoon full of sugar :P. After high fives and pictures and a chorus of Chim Chimney Chim Chimney Chim Chim Chooro we went on to catch a few more young in's and called it a day cause the boys had to have Engine 10 out to Barker for the parade.  

July 27th            Big thank you to Matt for coming over Saturday night and letting me use a extension i needed to tighten up are lower unit and lending a hand. Haywire has been taking on a bit of water the last two trips here and we found where it was coming in and she don't take on any at all now. So Sunday morning the wind was blowing at my house so i texted Buck and he gave me the green light and away we went. Had decided we were going to run out and fish deep. Out of the shoots the lake was a pancake and by the time we got to 200 i noticed some swells coming out of no where and decided well lets check out are good marks from the last few trips and troll North. Im telling you, i know iv only been at this for 5 years but 4 ft and 5 ft swells started pounding us bad. The lake went from 1 ft to 4, 5ftrs in honestly 15 minutes. So we put the waves at are rear and setup. Decided not to go any deeper cause i was nervous of the conditions. We ended up down by the Glass House and it was getting worse. We did do a nice Steel Head on the 76 rigger. Spoon my son picked out Saturday night. Moonshine Bisch's Bruiser. So Miky and Matt picked up and i kept her nosed into them and it was a nasty ride in. With a little boat behind us following we kept a close on eye on them cause they were really getting tossed around. By the time we got back that crazy lake was starting to lay down! So wanting to put a fish on the LOC board we setup for Lakers or Browns in 60 ft of water and the picture looked damn good. Took about 10 minutes and Bischs Bruiser fires and after a nice hook set Miky netted one of the nicest Browns iv ever caught. Great fight and it was beautiful coming up to the boat. Had 2 more drive by's on Bisch's Bruiser and Matt got a slot Laker on a cowbell tossed him back and decided to call it a day. Proud of the old boat for keeping us safe and Matt and Mike make a great crew. I have not laughed that hard in forever. You know you got good guys on board when its 5 ftrs, fishing is tough, and we had a ball. Back at it Saturday. Buck i love exchanging info and sharing pics. Its really cool that i have gotten to know other people that love this crazy sport the way i do. Buckboard Jr, Skipper 19, Shaun Fish FX, all really good dudes. From now on Tommy will be picking a spoon out every week.

Best Depth: 170

Best Setup: 76 Rigger

Best Lure: Stinger Mary Poppins, FLT Black Meat Pounding Deep, Moonshine Bisch's Bruiser(Tommy's Pick)

post-144255-0-54334500-1406600016_thumb.jpg

post-144255-0-02392600-1406600058_thumb.jpg

post-144255-0-82870800-1406600090_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kooter469