IGFA has a catch and release catagory but you have to measure it on the official measuring device which you have to purchase and have on hand at the time of the catch. There also certain rules and procedures you have to follow to be considered for a record.

That is a legit HOG! Fish of a lifetime. Not sure about a record though. A 60.5" fish was safely released on the St.Lawrence 3 years ago. Over 50" makes me smile every time!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Wow!!   :o Miss em......like everyone else, can't wait to see other pics......Has anyone tried to say yet (inevitably) that the pic is Photoshopped or otherwise fake? That often happens. Congratulations to the captor regardless.   :yes:   BTW, any other details on the catch besides being incidental while working the 'eyes....?

Something doesn't look right.  The guys left hand is not touching the fish. His thumb is pointed towards the camera and only his index finger is touching the fish.  His other three fingers on his left hand are pointed down and not making contact with the fish. The fish appears to be laying on his wrist.  The temperature that date was 73 degrees in that area.  This guy is very big and we all know that heavier people have more insulation body composition.  He is wearing baggy camo outer  pants along  with a long sleeve type sweat shirt/jacket over a grey shirt.  A heavy guy that big, dressed that warm on a 73 degree day holding a fish that big with his right hand and left wrist??????

I would have to see other pictures. Preferably one with measuring device. Since he is holding it with his arms straight out it will look larger in a photo depending on the camera and how close the shot was taken from. Also he would have to be very strong to hold an 80lb fish with his arms straight out. It still looks like a nice fish but the size is inconclusive. It could be a mid to upper 40in fish. I doubt it was photoshoped but the way the shot was taken, could make it look much larger than it is.